Are Jehovah's Witnesses Mind Numbingly Boring To You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sometimes I've become a little melancholy for "friends" and some of the good times we've had. But I am forever changed now. The few times a year I'm around them I realize we have absolutely NOTHING to talk about. I swear they have nothing at all to say about anything outside the JW world. Since we now have freedom of thought, we can discuss existence of god, evolution, philosophy, the universe, politics...

Poor dears.

When you have been away from it for a while it becomes glaring. They have nothing to say except parroting what they have learned from the make believe Slave.
  • Buck Rogers
    Buck Rogers

I still do business from time to time, due to never getting baptized, for the most part in my local area at least any way I don't mind them, as as far as paying customers go I can do a lot worse, though of late the feeling I do get when getting into a moderately in depth conversation with them about world events politics etc, and you run into the inevitable indoctrinated regurgitation of the spiel, I cant help but feel a slight pang of sorrow, like witnessing someone with a stunted or amputated personality, it can be deeply unsettling.

• smiddy
    smiddy

From my experience many of the old timers never watch the news unless its related to some catastrophe around the world that reinforces their belief how bad the world is and how close we are to armageddon .

This head in the sand approach to anything unrelated to watchtowerism was evident when the Elder at the ARC when asked if he had read or seen previous testimony presented said no he had not and gave a feeble excuse why he had not.

Their was an article in a mag,once that said much the same thing in that the only news you should be interested in was in the back of the magazine "watching The World"

Of course that news was about 3-6 months old and biased to WT propoganda.

• Half banana
    Half banana

To us here they are boring because we know exactly how they think... it's the cult of the brain dead and yet we must have been there once!

Never are JWs allowed to come up with original ideas, that privilege belongs only to their leaders-- and then they only modify their viewpoint to make the dumb belief system a bit less implausible.

JWs are snuggly smug in their absolute certainty about future rewards even though their history always proves them hopelessly wrong.

When it comes to family, they are often cagey or prickly on certain subjects and the true believers are always distant and edged with anxiety. What a relief to have escaped!

• lancelink
    lancelink

I remember hearing new teachings at the district assemblies, and I saw no real excitement.

But while leaving I would feel superior because of the "new light" esp. Whe seeing the apostates with their signs outside of the Hawthorn track.

Sort of like Clark Kent knowing that he is Superman. 😜

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp7foUn2E4k

This could be copied by any speaker at the "Don't give up" convention, insert a few "Jehovahs" and you have a great talk to the "average" bored JW. Notice at 4:07 the teacher is showing how to be an academic "pioneer". Parallel universe at the university...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit