Are Jehovah's Witnesses Mind Numbingly Boring To You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The issue I believe as to why many individuals find the meetings mundane, boring and uninteresting is to do with the structure of the meeting. The mid week CLAM meeting is one giant yawn. Reading through books and other literature and then parroting the answers that are in the paragraph is most definitely a factor. Monotone speakers is another. Also, When you sense that individuals on the platform aren't really speaking from the heart, it causes a lack of interest in what is being preached.

The only parts I enjoy mid week is the talks that focus on the actual word of God. The public talks on Sunday are also more stimulating, depending on the speaker of course.

Overall however, I personally find the meetings mundane, boring, repetative, uninspiring and uninteresting.

I get more out of listening to sermons from other Christian faith groups on line.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Having been out for ten years, and now having to be around JWs again, yes, they are so BORING!!! For the most part, I do know a couple of exceptions.

Their world is so small and narrow...... but of course it is, because anything interesting, educational or controversial is considered wrong. It's no surprise then that being around them is boring. And the meetings are so repetitive now I just can't stand to go unless I can surreptitiously read a book on my tablet during meeting. Most look bored to tears, with just 20% of the audience participating.

I think a lot of JWs would admit this but they don't know what to do. If they'd only give themselves a taste of mental freedom in the wider world they would not be able to tolerate the meetings at all.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Yes so boring and repetitive, close minded, judgmental, delusional and so on. Just a few days ago I ran into an old Jw friend who is a borderline fanatic and she thinks Armageddon is still right around the corner. 38 yrs old, never married & no kids-by choice. Beautiful girl but wanted the 'perfect brother'. She sounded like a mad woman talking about how god will pluck the gb members from their homes into heaven when Armageddon comes. So maybe not always boring but definitely always delusional.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Image result for jehovahs witness logo

"THE GUARDIANS OF BOREDOM"........."I`ll Handle The Microphone!"

Image result for businessman with cape..Image result for businessman with cape

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Yes, but you expect as they are filling their minds with Watchtower Corporation's propaganda which has a definite documented effect on the brain, causing brain shrinkage, leaving them with a limited range of subject matter that they can comment on 1/2 intelligently depending on the degree of mind numbing indoctrination they had.

Hey just try and imagine that Stephen Lett or Anthony Morris the Turd was a family member and you're trying to have a meaningful conversation with him to which he doesn't dominate with utter bull shit(not possible!).

http://www.goddiscussion.com/62736/religion-and-brain-shrinkage/

• zeb
    zeb

get in a social group and watch while everyone watches everyone in case they say some thing they should not, like they use the word 'luck'.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I honestly think they are the most boring people on earth! Even when they produce their so called "new light", there's no excitement. JWs just do their thing and refuse to think about their useless lives.

Not really. They may talk about uninteresting things, but not all JWs have the same personality (or lack of).

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Very exciting to find out which scriptures are worded correctly and which ones are not. Without the Watchtower, how would I know what the bible really teaches? According to the WTS, the people who gave us the bible and had protected it for eons don't know. Only the 'pastor' found out the truth and passed it on to the 'judge' who passed it on and so on

Very exciting stuff

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It has become a big snooze .

Back in the day we had fun. Perhaps I was lucky but our meetings swung with a snap-crackle-pop. We learned to be lively and creative in our items and Thursday night's often induced gales of laughter. OK, maybe I exaggerate a little , but the Cong. Was certainly a fun place to be. We were also infused with certainty that it was all about to happen - now!

Today the GB have so much control , those boring videos, speakers are not trained to be anything more than moderate....It is dullsville.......

• sir82
    sir82

JWs are largely ignorant about things outside of WT-world.

Ignorant people are largely boring.

Thus, to complete the syllogism, JWs are, for the most part, mind-numbingly boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit