Are Jehovah's Witnesses Mind Numbingly Boring To You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is why they pull the stunts they do. First, it was waste of paper distribution campaigns as news releases. When that didn't work, they started waste of paper distribution campaigns for Supreme Boasting Sessions, then Grand Boasting Sessions. And now, they are pulling the ultimate waste of money and time--and I remember hearing about it starting in the spring of 2015 when they had people going to Israel for 2 week missions. They are pulling that crap again, and hoping to make it a yearly event.

That is, a yearly burden. As if they don't have enough with pious-sneering, miserable jobs, the big and grand boasting sessions they already attend, and keeping up with doctrines that keep changing in meaningless ways. Back in the late 1980s, I could debate with a Pentecostal or born again xian. Yes, it would waste my time then. But try that today--they can't even hold their own against the weakest cat lick out there, let alone with those high ranking rabbis that are probably going to accept the littera-trash, gather it up, and use black magic on the whole human race using this rubbish as a vehicle to transmit the energy needed to enslave the whole human race.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

minimus " Are Jehovers Witnesses, mind numbngly boaring to you?"

Oh " SHUT UP" On the ministry, I met many people who were mind numbingly boring. The difference was they never made fools of themselves, knocking on doors. And besides who am I to say what makes a persons life mind numbingly borng? But I will say, my life, is my life, which is why personally, I am equally " glad" I am no longer a witness, as I am "glad" that I will never win the national lottery...because that would be numbingly boring.

• minimus
    minimus

When you go to someone else's house and start spouting boring information what do you expect but to hear a boring response?

• NikL
    NikL

Yes.

Try to have a decent conversation about the bible.

All the JWs want to talk about is "the slave" this and "the slave" that and "Aren't we glad to be a part of Jahs org.?"

"You can sure feel it. The end is so close".

Yes freaking boring boring BORING!

• minimus
    minimus

When you have been away from it for a while it becomes glaring. They have nothing to say except parroting what they have learned from the make believe Slave.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

They are mind numbingly LAZY to me

"Ignorance isn't a choice, it's a sin"

• ssn587
    ssn587

Yep, without a doubt. You can't reason with a cemented unreasoning mind.

• ssn587
    ssn587

They should send missions to, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc, instead of Israel, be good riddance if they do.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have said this on another post, but since the question has arisen once more, I will repeat.

When I had my first contacts with the JWs in the mid-1960s, what they were saying did sound quite interesting. In fact, that was what probably drew me towards them back then - as by contrast, the "mainstream" churches seemed to be boring and quite irrelevant.

This seemed to also be the case into the 1970s and 80s; I had family members who agreed to the JW offer of a "Bible Study", simply because what the Witnesses were saying came over as very interesting. Feedback we used to get, too, from the "Territory" was that "these people are interesting."

Certainly, though, during the decades since then, all the fizz and the sparkle has long since gone out of it!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Of course it depends who you ask this question to. If you ask it to a newly interested person who is desperate for some comforts from the bible to make him feel better you will get a definite NO. But this is a discussion group comprised mainly of people wise to the bull shit this corrupt self proclaimed "God's Earthly Organization" printing establishment is dishing out, but the readership may have many almost out, newly out, and some loyal JDubs and perhaps even a GB member or two and worldly people trying to find out what the JW are all about. So it is a good question that requires some reflection for all that read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit