Are Jehovah's Witnesses Mind Numbingly Boring To You?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I honestly think they are the most boring people on earth! Even when they produce their so called "new light", there's no excitement. JWs just do their thing and refuse to think about their useless lives.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I think you are right minimus. It's like I have to be really solemn at meetings etc.

This is how I feel once I have left an assembly or convention

• Londo111
    Londo111

Being a JW, participating in JW activities, was mind numbingly boring.

But on the outside, I find the cult endlessly fascinating. It's like one slow motion train wreck.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was in this CULT, I was so afraid to say to my JW associates and even to my wife, that the meetings are boring and Field service is another useless and pointless activity. Many a times I would pretend that I was excited by the boring and the ever repetitive talk from the platform or from any new books , number of people getting baptized and so on. In my inner self, there was this nagging thought that these are too good to be true and too silly to do(Field Service and reporting the time). Whenever I go on field service every Saturday morning, I would feel that this is the most childish and silly thing to do, to go and preach about some silly non sense. Ahhhh,,, feeling so liberated now

• minimus
    minimus

RUN ! Get out of her!!!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ditto what everapostate said!

• Laika
    Laika
    I was so afraid to say to my JW associates and even to my wife, that the meetings are boring

Yes! And it's weird because practically all JWs find the meetings boring and yet most of them would still express outrage if you stated this out loud.

• minimus
    minimus

Brainwashed and or brain dead

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Same thing one week after another for each month, each semester, each year, each decade... Yes, it seems a bit repetitive and boring. In fact, after six months attending meetings, you already have listened to all the information you will get in the rest of your life in the meetings.

But the most absurd situation is when you dress up, take the car and attend the meeting just to listen from platform a talk about the importance of attending meetings. It's a bit circular, isn't it?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They're certainly predictable and narrow in their world view don't know about boring though, usually I can switch off and relax around boring people but I find I have to keep my wits about me when around a JW, their indoctrination and passive aggressive barbs can set you back if your not alert to it and I think too much exposure to JWs can be hazardous to your mental health, emotional well being and tends to dumb you down to their level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit