Favourite female heroes in film ...

by LoveUniHateExams 88 Replies latest social entertainment

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Geena Davis in The Long Kiss Goodnight. So badass when she reverted to her real assassin character and yet she saved her family. That immortal line when her daughter was hurt, "life is pain!".

I loved Sandra Bullock in Speed. The film focuses on Keanu Reeves doing heroic stuff but no matter what happens, even when she runs out of road and has to make a jump for it, she just keeps driving that damn bus.

Oh and I love Ripley in the Alien films too!

• Onager
    Onager

I second the vote for Furiosa in Mad Max Fury Road. There wasn't a single second in the film where the fact she was a woman was highlighted. She was just a badass who happened to be female. I loved that! So often in stories the girl defeats the bad guy for the sole purpose of making the bad guy's defeat more complete. Not only did they lose, they lost to a girl! There's none of that nonsense in Mad Max Fury Road

Another character is Sarah Conner in Terminator 2. In Terminator 1 she's a bit of a helpless princess who's only purpose is to be saved by the strong man, but that actually makes her character development better in T2 when she gone to the edge of madness to toughen up for the fight that's to come.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Another character is Sarah Conner - oh yes, how could I forget Sarah Connor!

Yeah, in the first film she's an ordinary young woman who initially wants no part of Reece's story. And Reece saves her on several occasions.

But there's a bit towards the end of the film where she 'steps up', as it were.

Reece is injured from the explosion of the articulated truck, and the metal endoskeleton of the terminator is chasing them. Reece wants to give up but Sarah yells "on your feet, soldier!"

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Lizbet Salamander played by Noomi Rappace in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish Version). I havn't seen the Hollywood one. The revenge scene following the almost unwatchable rape scene would turn Donald T. Rump into a feminist. Unforgettable powerful woman.

• TD
    TD

How about Diana Rigg? (Emma Peel)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Re Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Totally agree, such a strong, powerful character.

The hollywood version was fantastic the actress who played Lizbet was unrecognizable in appeareance as the character and soooo unassumingly badass.

• freddo
    freddo

Plus one for Sigourney Weaver as Ripley

Anyone agree on Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft and a young Nicole Kidman in Dead Calm?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I loved Angelina Jolie in SALT - great movie also btw.

• recovering
    recovering

Jodi Foster as Clarice Starling

• jws
    jws

Haven't watched it for years, but Lindsay Wagner (aka Jamie Somers) the Bionic Woman. I *thought* she was a strong woman, but I may have missed things that take away from that. She had her own show and wasn't just a compliment to the Bionic Man.

Mila Jovovich in the Resident Evil movies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit