Trekkies will not inherit the kingdom of God....

by drwtsn32 62 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    And, for that matter, what about Elvish?

Nah, Elvish has left the building.

(going back into my little corner now)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

So, now that Tolkien's enjoying a revival due to the Lord of the Rings movies, what's going to be their take on learning Tolkien's Elvish (and other) languages?

EDIT: Didn't see the previous post on this!

Great old pic Dmouse. Have you noticed that the guy has a Bible? In their modern pictures, it tends to be their literature that they use for witnessing. Don't you miss the old days when Dubs were actually biblically literate?

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Those bastards! Does this mean I have to have my brow ridges removed???

Sucks to be a dub! A show about a society of people that hold life and knowledge above all else, where greed and perversions are a things of the past, sounds like paradise to me.

Maybe if the uniforms included a book bag??

K'Plah!

=}>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thunder, son of Mog

• SpunkyChick
  • UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I knew an Elder that wrote for the Awake magazine. The focus of his article seemed to be "why washing your hands is important" or something lame like that. I got the feeling that authors had a certain amount of pressure to write an article that was original and not in conflict with any other work currently in progress - thus you had a good chance of being published for something different; thus the Klingon angle.

• SYN
    SYN

Euphimism, you say it so well!

Remember guys, the simple rule of the Tower is this: if it's fun, it's banned.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh that Paradise Lost pic creases me up! 'Inspired', DM.

As well as the public counsel on Star Wars (of which I was a BIG fan), don't forget that ET is depicted as the Savior of the world, so that's banned too.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

The real reason they don't like Klingon - is that it sounds too similar to "Klingdom" Neither makes sence!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The focus of his article seemed to be "why washing your hands is important" or something lame like that.

Did he mention the Klingons around Uranus?

• jws
    jws

Hey, it might come in handy if they ever try to pass out watchtowers and awakes outside of a Star Trek convention. And what if their speaking Klingon actually impresses some Trekkie and the Trekkie actually listens to them?

Some people are even working on translating the Bible into Klingon.

http://www.kli.org/stuff/projects.html#KBTP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit