Why are Republican's so consistantly dishonest?

by Coded Logic 51 Replies latest social current

• hybridous
    hybridous

Quote: 'They are all politicians and the electorate fail to punish them for their dishonesty - that is the reason.'

Maybe Simon intended this as a throwaway comment, but I found it prescient.

Consider the Trump phenomenon: as I watched the Republican primary elections, it was impossible to not see that the party itself regarded D. Trump as more threatening than a Hillary Clinton presidency. The party treated him accordingly, and I perceive that this provoked the ire of disaffected Republicans.

So much so, that, it seemed that part of Trumps ascendency seemed little more than a general attempt to 'punish' the Republican party brand, without much regard beyond that simple expression of express disapproval.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, so excuse me if I'm stepping on another commenter.

I believe it's because they currently work for the ultra rich and corporations. This was not always so, but it most certainly is now. They answer to no one, and they have their constituents utterly in the fold. There are buzz words and tones, and boom off they go. But actually it's always about funneling more to the top. The Democrats are essentially everyone else. Not nearly as cohesive. Not nearly so monied. The GOP lie, because they can. Only the rank and file can demand honesty, and they won't because they've been groomed to hate "the other" and buy into the narrative.

They are so consistently dishonest because it works.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Here's some unsurprising news from Associated Press:

First daughter Ivanka Trump gets West Wing office

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Cementing her role as a powerful White House influence, Ivanka Trump is working out of a West Wing office and will get access to classified information, though she is not technically serving as a government employee, according to an attorney for the first daughter.

Since President Donald Trump took office, his eldest daughter has been a visible presence in the White House, where her husband, Jared Kushner, already serves as a senior adviser. On Friday, she participated in a meeting on vocational training with the president and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Ivanka Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title, but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information. Gorelick said Ivanka Trump would follow the ethics rules that apply to government employees.

• bohm
    bohm

VI: Just a small aside on the story, a week ago Chinese businessmen forgave Ivanka/Kushner 400M in loans, now Ivanka handle classified information. A conspiratorial mind...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

It's looking more like a Monarchy every day..........

• blondie
    blondie

Don't forget the Kennedys

• Irishdub
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well what do you expect when so many people aren't willing to serve under Trump, that includes many top Republicans.

The fact that Trump needs his own inexperienced children for assistance and advise tells a story in itself.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    A day in the life of Joe the republican ...

Right on the money!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Irishdub,

A day in the life of Joe the republican ...

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/America/DayInLifeOfJoeRepublican.html

Fantastic! Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit