Why are Republican's so consistantly dishonest?

by Coded Logic 51 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It hasn't gone unnoticed that the Republicans who are saying, "We need to get to the bottom of the Obama wiretapping" and "Let's investigate this" - are the same people, when it comes to Trump's Russian ties, who are saying, "We shouldn't look at this at all - it's just a bunch of lies and hype."

No evidence whatsoever for claims about Obama need a congressional investigation. But mountains of evidence about Trump with more coming out everyday can be swept under the rug. Republicans have no moral compass at all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Your average Republican-neighbor-who-lives-next-door is, more often than not, a generally decent, honest person.

The guys at the top, though? Nasty sonsofbitches.

Wait, what does that remind me of?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Why did the scorpion sting the frog?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why are Republican's so consistantly dishonest? - it's because they're evil.

They want to trick and deceive their way into people's homes, so that they can eat the householder's children ...

• just fine
    just fine

Republicans are not any more (or less) dishonest than Democrats. Let's not start this again.........

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That's what makes them republicans.

Let's not start this again.........

No, please, let's do.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.......... In God we Trust , its the reason why most Republicans are a part of the religious right

or freedom seeking unregulated Capitalists

The Republican party is heavily supported by big business lobbyists and interests

....but shush your not supposed to know that

• bohm
    bohm

I wouldn't say republicans as a general group is dishonest. I think there is an aspect of the Trump-phenomena which is dishonest in two ways: Firstly, overtly dishonest (but this is rare and mostly found in its leaders) by saying things known not to stand up to facts but secondly (and I think this is more common) accepting or excusing dishonesty.

The main reason for accepting dishonesty such as for instance, that Trump promises more healthcare and then delivers a plan which offers less, or promises he has a plan to eradicate ISIS and then does not have a plan, is because Trump supporters in my experience are not driven by a positive vision for the US/world, but rather driven by fear and negativity aimed against certain targets like Hillary, Obama, Muslims, Jews (though most commonly only acceptable Jewish targets, like Soros) or global trade.

Once you are basing your perception of the world on how evil some people are, excusing errors from your own side as "the lesser evil" becomes second nature. That is why any discussion of Trumps flaws is immediately diverted into a discussion of the acceptable targets, and why the evils of the acceptable targets must now be magnified in proportion to how bad poor Trumps performance is to cope with the cognitive dissonance.

And so as more is revealed about Trumps connection with Russia, Obama must be made more evil by the invention of a false wiretapping story which his supporters immediately accept because of cognitive dissonance.

• bohm
    bohm

I also think that was why it was so easy to vilify Hillary during the campaign. She had to be worse than Trump and so the worse Trump got, the worse Hillary had to be. For instance, a tape surface of Trump bragging about workplace sexual harassment and so a pedophile ring is conjured up about Hillary...

This was naturally helped along greatly by the many Kremlin-propagated lies about Hillary during the disinformation campaign...

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I think the OP should be changed to

"WHY ARE POLITICIANS SO DISHONEST?"

TTWSYF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit