Why are Republican's so consistantly dishonest?

by Coded Logic 51 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

Why are democrats so consistently dishonest? That question is as dumb as the topic title.🤡🤡

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This OP represents the ongoing emotional tribalism of American politics - yes, British politics is also pathetically tribal.

As an aside, consider our PM, Theresa May. She's the second female PM of the UK. So, the sisterhood of British feminists is overjoyed that someone with a vulva is leading our government, right?

Er, not quite. When the singer Kate Bush recently tweeted that she's glad a clever, professional woman is PM, she got totally slaughtered by the self-righteous twitterati (including feminists).

You see, apparently May is the wrong kind of woman. What feminists in Britain really want is a female PM who is in total agreement with their views.

Nice.

Political tribalism is placed above feminism by British feminists.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    based on everything I have observed up to this points, the Democrats corner the market on slime/lies.

15) Twitchy: Michelle Malkin’s Twitter based news site.
    14) Doug Ross: Larwyn’s Linx is great.
    13) Weasel Zippers: Not as much volume as other places, but quality work.
    12) Free Republic: Better known for commenting than news, but still good.
    11) Bad Blue: Outstanding Twitter based news
    10) The Right Scoop: Videos, links, and heavily updated.
    9) Daily Caller: The place to go for original conservative reporting.
    8) Lucianne: Old reliable. When I have trouble finding something good, I go here.
    7) Gateway Pundit: It’s unbelievable to me that any one person can be this on top of things.
    6) Breitbart: The combined Breitbart collective is AMAZING for links and journalism.
    5) Instapundit: Glenn Reynolds has been the best known linker in the blogosphere for more than a decade.
    4) The Blaze: Beck’s news machine is already a must read.
    3) Memorandum: What people are talking about right now on both sides of the blogosphere. (Not conservative per se, but still good)
    2) Hot Air: Frequently updated headlines, plus the latest news stories.
    1) The Drudge Report: Whatever Drudge links becomes what everyone is talking about.

Fox, Twitter, Infowars, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Spoletta you represent that single-minded biased problem with people that got Trump elected.

I have no problem criticizing these tribes of left AND right. I never say republicans are better than democrats or fox news is better than CNN. I told you that was my opinion then I said if you want the truth don't have an opinion. Don't drag me down into your one sided identity politics, I am not playing that game.

To you and most everyone else who want to scream Trump (wolf) at every opportunity, you have stopped looking at things objectively, I can criticize Trump, but I can also say when people are over reacting. You on the other hand are like all the rest that demand utter and absolute fear and hate regardless of rationality. Playing devils advocate doesn't mean I listen to Limbaugh, Breitbart, or anything like it.

My point is Republicans don't hide their agenda. They pretty much say what they want to do, even when it sounds awful. Democrats seem far more covert IN MY OPINION.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    Democrats corner the market on slime/lies.

In my Opinion, despite the obfuscation, you are definitely not moderate, as you inevitably end up criticizing anything that hints of the left. Somehow it always ends up in some form of "conservatives are bad, but not as bad as liberals".

Just sayin'...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

"conservatives are bad, but not as bad as liberals".

I like most people hold the IDEA of being LIBERAL in a higher esteem as that is how we identify, the moronic actions of the left shock and disappointment me to no end, the same old bullshit from republicans is nothing new I'm neither surprised, or shocked at their f-ckery. Does that help clear that up for you? I don't put either party on my voter registration because they are both embarrassing, and tribal politics has got us here today with a Trump.

The left has hijacked "political morality" the same way organized religion has hijacked regard morality. It probably only seems I am anti-liberal because those claiming it have become elitest pricks, claiming to have the only truth, they have an emotional affinity to their party regardless of what it says or does. The fact of the matter is, you are allowed to criticize the right without much noise, criticize the left and everyone has a hissy fit. I have never been pro-GOP, but at this point in history I have to honestly say they are more constitutional than the left (not Trump, but the party as a whole).

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's probably not fair to say Republicans are dishonest.

This is almost like asking why are JWs dishonest when they ignore evidence that is clearly shown to them.

It's not dishonesty, it's willful ignorance, group think and tribalism. Just like JWs, they want to protect their own, their cult if you will....

This happens on the left as well, but I do think it's more prevalent on some conservative circles, perhaps because those are also the most religious and thus primed for that type of mentality.

• never a jw
    never a jw

only Republicans are dishonest??? Better question, why are politicians dishonest? Because dishonesty is one of the most effective tactics to move up in politics; it's a double edge sword though.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    you are allowed to criticize the right without much noise,

Almost fell off my chair laughing!

• bohm
    bohm
    The fact of the matter is, you are allowed to criticize the right without much noise, criticize the left and everyone has a hissy fit

L-O-L

Since you literally called me a "jackass" a moment ago for not even criticizing the right, but merely pointing out inconvenient facts about Hillary, I find this a tad bit disingenuous.

Once again I will point this out: When you make the discussion about how mean the other side supposedly is, and you can't demonstrate that it is actually mean to you in a clear way, that's playing the victim.

Congratulations, you have appropriated one of the most annoying aspects of the radical left, victimhood culture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit