Newbie Introduction-or-How to De-Program Yourself in 6,456,129 Easy Steps

by 2escaped lifers 54 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Brandon and Stephanie,

Welcome to this forum of friends. I read your story with much interest.

I am happy that the two of you have seen the light together at the same time. It makes things so much easier.

My hubby realized what a sham this org is 10 years before I did. He kept it all inside for the sake of keeping peace in the family. We would have some heated arguments. Me always accusing him of being an apostate.

Last year I finally realized for myself what he had known for so long. I am so happy to be mentally liberated from the clutches of this cult but I wish I could have seen it 10 years ago like he did.

That you both saw it at the same time is truly amazing for me.

Looking forward to getting to know you both better.

Wannaexit

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Typical JW reasoning:

Satan is evil

Satan was an independent thinker

Therefore if we are independent thinkers, then we must be evil and we have cast our lot with Satan

Exactly, doodle!! And it is sooooo difficult to argue against that line of reasoning with a dub....

• kls
    kls

Welcome to the forum.It is stories like yours that make me smile.With all the crap jws are told ,dont look at that ,dont think that ,just dont think for yourself ,the watchtower thinks for you .And i read how people open up their god given minds to reality and see the org. for the cult it is .Its like having a brain inplant taken out and the real world is opened up and you are free.WELCOME

• SpunkyChick
  • 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

WOW!!! Thank you ALL so much for the greetings!!! Much warmer than the Dubs of late.... We have read some of your stories and look forward to reading more. We are still in a transitional phase, and could use all the advice we can get. We have alot of questions now about things we've never really thought we'd have to face. Some of the issues you've already touched on and I know there are alot we're just gonna have to decide for ourselves after alot of soul-searching. Thank you for the support and honest warnings about the up-coming battles with our families that are still in, AND the probable shunning . It's just comforting to know that you all have done it and lived to tell the tale and are so supportive. We are going to have "the talk" with our children this weekend (boys ages 8 1/2 and 10 1/2). They are wanting answers. Our oldest has already given his first talk and they both were sincere in their beliefs. (We were very good about the whole "fom infancy thing"). Now we feel like the parents that have to tell their kids about Santa or the Tooth Fairy. OOPS!! Sorry , we've been lying to you all these years. Gee, thanks mom. Wish us luck!! Did I say "luck"? Well, now I've done it. I'm sure to be DF'd now. Thank you all again.

to be continued....

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    We are going to have "the talk" with our children this weekend (boys ages 8 1/2 and 10 1/2). They are wanting answers. Our oldest has already given his first talk and they both were sincere in their beliefs. (We were very good about the whole "fom infancy thing"). Now we feel like the parents that have to tell their kids about Santa or the Tooth Fairy.

Better to tell them now when they are young...it will save them years of unnecessary struggling and embarressment defending a bogus religion; as I was raised a JW my entire life, till the ripe ol' age of 23! Wish I'd been out of the cult at 8 or 10! Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Bartletts

Check out the Info Amazing has posted on talking to family. They may be only 8 and 10 but its incredible how intelligent kids are and when loveingly shown the proof they will come to the right decision.

All the best

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome to the forum!

Deprogram Step 1: Post and get it out! All those thoughts just waiting to have a hearing ear...

Deprogram Step 2: Have fun the three days/nights a week or more you spent toiling away for Jehover.

Deprogram Step 3: Come to know lots of good people here and meet them. I bet there are plenty around you, and although I didn't read all three pages of greetings, I can tell you that this step is the most fun you will have in a long time!

viola'! The rest is all your's for the taking! Welcome again!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Hello Brandon & Stephanie! Welcome Aboard!

Liquidsky

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Brandon & Stephanie!

Welcome, Monkey Princess!

Welcome, thebeliever!

I had to copy-paste all the newbie names so I wouldn't mess up. B & S, take things gently with your kids. To come around, they need to be allowed some "independent thinking" of their own. During your family bible study, I suggest asking "open ended" questions which allow them to speak their mind. I would hate to see them wrenched in to thinking you are both lost to them, and taking sides with grandma and grandpa. To avert this, reassure them regularly that you love them, you love Jehovah, and you will be there for them always (children going through divorce need similar reassurance, even if they never voice their fears).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit