Newbie Introduction-or-How to De-Program Yourself in 6,456,129 Easy Steps

by 2escaped lifers 54 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Welcome aboard B&S. Always glad to see new ones here.

• DJ
    DJ

WELCOME(((((((((( (Brandon and Stephanie))))))))) Hold onto your hats because getting off of the wt merry-go-round can be very bumpy. Hang tight and pray while you read the bible. It isn't easy to read it w/o your jw glasses on but in time you will be able to really see Christ and His gospel not man's. I hope that I didn't overstep my bounds with all of that advice. I just remember all of the fear and pain that I went thru and thought I'd offer you my best. Family........hmmm, tough one... Just give them love, that's all. Try not to be tooooo surprised at their behavior....I am so happy that you two are together on this. You will be able to encourage one another during this storm. love, dj

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome, Brandon & Stephanie!

Welcome, Monkey Princess!

Welcome, thebeliever!

WE ARE SO HAPPY YOU ARE HERE!!! This is a great place to de-program and learn how to really enjoy life. Brandon & Stephanie, I can really relate to your story because I was also "raised in the truth," married a regular pioneer MS, and believed in it heart and soul. Until . . . . well, dig around the old threads and you'll see the story of cruzanheart and Big Tex as it unfolded. Suffice to say, it is WONDERFUL to be out.

Alabama, huh? That's not TOO far from Texas, and we have some really great Apostafests around here. Stay tuned, y'all!

Love,

Nina

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hey Winston, I'm sure your more intelligent than the GB and the elders combined!

My mother asked me if I was smarter than 6 million J-dubs...I said no, probably two to threee million though, because the children see through the lies.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

Welcome!!!

oh my goodness, i cannot believe this quote!!! the first bit is accurate, anyway....:

independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization, and we have sound reasons for confidence in the men taking the lead among us.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Welcome Brandon and Stephanie!!!

Yiz

• willyloman
    willyloman

B&S: We don't know each other, but your story is our story, almost exactly! Thanks for putting it into words for us. And welcome aboard.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome!

There's always a "but" in these, isn't there

As PeeWee Herman said in PeeWee's Big Adventure: "Everyone I know has a big but."

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Welcome !!!

Typical JW reasoning:

Satan is evil

Satan was an independent thinker

Therefore if we are independent thinkers, then we must be evil and we have cast our lot with Satan

Sounds retarded doesnt it? Hard to believe that Millions of people are programmed with such nonsense.

Welcome to the board!!

Doodle-V

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Welcome, Brandon and Stephanie Bartlett!!

How wonderful that both you and your wife saw the truth about the "truth" at the same time and came out together.

Hapgood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit