284000 baptized in 2017

by jw-verite 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    No surprise if there's a bit of a spike this year in baptism/publisher numbers with all the political turmoil. The constant narrative in the news feeds right into JW's fears.

I was thinking the same thing. My BIL has cut his working hours and is now pioneering as he believes Trump will somehow bring "the end."

Not a huge fan of Trump myself, but I don't think that's gonna happen (and if it does it will have nothing to do with the bible/god/the great trib/armageddon/etc.).

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

What we see in developed countries is notthe whole picture. There were over 800 baptized at one convention in Kenya last year.

• cha ching
    cha ching

My take on it? WT makes it all up.

Why not? Who can check their numbers anyway. They are closing branches, condensing congregations, selling K Halls & property, they already have their cushy retirement home, right?

Remember, we always heard: "Our donations this weekend are below our needs, we need you to donate more for the assembly hall costs" (and they already had met their quota, as they had enough to send $5 - $6,000 to WT land at the end of the day)

If they can reappoint pedophiles, they can make up numbers.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Most of the numbers would be children (Of JWs), emotionally unstable or insecure or totally ignorant(who are not used to research on Internet)

Anyway, Let it grow. Religions would always grow as long as mankind is there. Happy that we all are no more wasting our life in it.

• btlc
    btlc

"the-door-is-closing-baptize-now-or-die" effect

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I doubt the numbers are made up. But I doubt this is true: "So still no slowing down yet :frowning:"

The simple truth is that minors across the spectrum have been encouraged to get baptized. I, nor Watchtower, has exact data on how many youths they have, how many can be coerced to be baptized, and how many that will leave for next year as they get slightly older and feel slightly more pressure to follow suit.

I would also be interested in the number of those that leave the religion and those that die. If Watchtower is still growing, it is very near it's peak. Don't worry, the slow decline has either started or soon will.

As mentioned though, it is possible that these numbers have gone to fiction. Then they are already on the decline.

• waton
    waton
    menrov: What does it even mean, a person who is “rightly disposed”???

In some Wt leaders cynical view: a naive convert, with a fistful of dollars for a green handshake, pioneer application, and ready to do anything to curry their god's favour.

• stillin
    stillin

Half-banana, you're right? I'm a little simplistic in my understanding. It"s probably the fear-mongering and guilt-tripping that contributes to their success. Poor kids...

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Just a few years ago you got 24 magazines a year in a few weeks time you will be getting only six magazines a year

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I find it hard to believe the numbers are as high as the WT corporation suggest. They are a lying bunch of ass holes under cult delusions which is the primary reason for their bad state of affairs and stupid business decisions, they cherry pick facts and fudge figures all the time to support their agenda. So I'm in convinced that they are not being factual in reporting the figures, they must be first processed through WT corporation's agendas before being put in print. I'm sure the brother that collects this data has to go to the GB in a private session to give them the real figure and then the GB make up the number and give it to this brother for printing.

With all the reports of assemblies with nobody getting baptized or perhaps 1 nine year old I find this figure bogus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit