284000 baptized in 2017

by jw-verite 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I think the WT numbers are generally fraudulent. When you take into consideration the number of lies they’ve told over the years, it’s not a stretch to think that they make up the numbers.

Easier now that the yearbooks are no more.

And the few new dubs they dunk are in desperately poor places where the addition of dubs so does not add to the bottom line at the Bank of Watchtower.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

In a way, JWs are predatory. They will always move to more fertile ground to get more members. They are growing exponentially in some 3rd world countries, in Africa, for example.

If North Korea ever becomes free, I suspect the JWs will pounce in and will be able to explode in membership there by pushing their fairy tale belief system onto desperate people needing hope. That seems to be their style.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

An exCO is posting over on Reddit. He says that when he was still a CO it was always a big push for the elders up to the COs to show growth each year. With this kind of pressure it would not be much for the elders to fudge the numbers. We also know the cult fudges the numbers when they do their yearly report in August. Because of the way they do their accounting people are often counted more then once in that month.

A good indicator of their lies is the number of baptized just a year ago or so in the USA . The US is their bread and butter country and if only 11k are baptized there’s no way that number off sets the number of ones being dfd , dying or just plain leaving.

Lets review they say that closing Kingdom Halls is because of massive growth. Does that make any sense? Of course not, this cult is all smoke and mirrors. I bet they have less then 4 million active members.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I should have some interesting stats soon for the U.K. thanks to the charity website and it's beta version. Many congregations have merged and been delisted as charities. Most of the consolidation has been going on since 2015.

The Beta version of the U.K. Charity website has the number of members/volunteers for many congregations as well as the number of trustees/elders so it's now possible to calculate a ratio of elders to publishers.

Truthseeker

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

If the 284,000 is correct and if on average 10 people got dunked every assembly district or circuit you would have to have 28,400 such events in the year 2017 or 284,000/10 = 28,400.

Now if the average is 1.5 per circuit and district event then the amount of events would have to be: 284,000/1.5 = 189,333 . Since we hear of many assemblies where nobody gets baptized or only 1, 2, or 3 so if we add this up 6 and divide by 4 we get and 1.5 for an average.

Say USA has 52,000 congregation divide 26 into 52,000 = 2,000 circuits which would have 4,000 circuit events and add another 2000(district events) = 6,000 x 1.5 = 9000 baptized for the US. This might be away to put figures into some kind of perspective. Then divide 9000 by 284,000 and you get 3% of the total growth worldwide, with say 97% coming from the rest of the world.

This seems to indicate a serious fudging of figure designed to keep R&F members from the magnitude of those leaving the Organization which would lead to an even greater decline.

Massive sell off of KHs and decline in growth into negative figures can have a very alarming effect on the rest of the organizational captives and for this reason as well as their lack of transparency I would never trust the WT corporations printed figures.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would never trust the WT corporations printed figures.

Good point the WTS GB heads have lied numerous times about said numbers, in regards to money and KH's needed to keep up with the organization's growth.

The strategy used by the WTS to keep up certain numbers is lie, hype up fear and spread advantageous half truths.

• steve2
    steve2

So, they've announced worldwide baptisms for the 2017 service year. Any news yet on the 2017 worldwide memorial attendance? It hit slightly over 20 million in 2016.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    billions on this planet have never heard of them
    "Between 1900 and 2000, the increase in world population was three times greater than during the entire previous history of humanity—an increase from 1.5 to 6.1 billion in just 100 years."

It don't matter; how to keep up with the ever growing population? And people heard of them, rejected the message, and then died leaving offspring behind, so would it be just for God to resurrect such people? What would be the point of the preaching?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Brokeback Watchtower: Say USA has 52,000 congregation

There are 14,040 congregations in the US.

Last year 28,588 where baptised in the US.

On average two people from each US congregation got baptised last year.

Year-on-year, average publishers in the US increased by 2,945, from 1,195,081 in 2015 to 1,198,026 in 2016.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

How many congregation in a circuit? I think 26. And say they have 13 congos at each CA, that happens twice a year plus 1 DC so that would see on average

28588/14040=2.04 per congregation, 2/3x2.04=1.36 per congo get baptized at CAs 13/2x1.36=8.84 average baptisms at each CA. With a much higher figure for DCs where say 10 circuits are assigned 10x26x.68*=176.6

*(2.04x1/3=.68)

I think rough average we should expect getting baptized at a CAs should be around 9 per event if the 28,588 figure is true(roughly speaking), Yet we hear reports of very few getting dunked at CA, someone is cooking the books as this figure smells very fishy .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit