Medal of Valor given by Obama to JW Grandmother - Check her Lapel Pin

by Da.Furious 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    The double think and strange reasoning is too much to bear.
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

steve2 ' .. Don't go crying, "Persecution!"..'

I don't believe I cried " Persecution ".

I believe I merely said ' Leave her the h#ll alone'.

Leave a grieving Grandma to grieve in her own way or in other words,

LEAVE HER THE H#LL ALONE.

• steve2
    steve2

Esse quam videri. True you didn't. And I take your point.

Perhaps Witnesses themselves would view this as "persecution" as evidenced by some of their comments on the link.

As a general rule, it is sometimes hard to see where grieving ends and promotion of one's religious affiliation begins. Viewers could be forgiven for thinking the promotion overshadowed the grieving. But yes she expressed a human need for grieving in a way that helps her by wearing the lapel.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sorry, I bet the grandma is saying "Phew!" he's asleep in death NOW. She will see him fo sho in the resurrection and he won't have to be destroyed.

That's real the truth.

If anyone really knew that was the sentiment of ALL JW's, they would be appalled...just like we are now.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Wow. What an unfortunate situation to wear that pin. I wonder what was going through her mind. I mean, why wear it to this occasion as opposed to a wedding, or the supermarket?

In my opinion, she saw this event as being questionable, in relation to a Jdub mingling with the "world" and world leaders, so she decided to wear this, as let's say, someone would wear a garlic necklace to go meet a vampire.

• steve2
    steve2

Update on the link: A poster who goes by the name Pete who claimed to be a JW started posting personal putdowns and sarcastic retorts to other posters in the comments section who had been critical of JW teachings and practices.

His replies had an incessantly taunting air (e., g. "Sensitive, are you?", "Did you get hand cramps from writing out your monthly hours?") and he seldom addressed issues that had been raised. I have never before seen a pro-JW voice drip with such verbal abuse and ad hominen attacks.

Today, when I reviewed the updated comments section, " Pete's" sarcastic retorts and more personal asides had been deleted, one after the other, and only his relatively few issue-focused replies remain.

Good on the moderator making it clear that there would be no tolerance for personal verbal abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit