How many of you are health nuts?

by Harvard Illiterate 411 55 Replies latest jw friends

• ssn587
    ssn587
    I try to workout 6 days a week I lift weights twice a day and on two of those days it's 3 times a day. Am 68 years old BP 105/60 :HR rested 56-60. Try to do goblet squats and Hindu squats pushups too. Stay very healthy or at least try to. Lots of sea food and vegetables, don't handle other meats like beef very well, stomach doesn't like them. A little rum or beer daily.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I eat a lot of chocolate and drink whiskey it keeps me happy. I try and eat a cabbage or two a week to have some healthy food.
  • talesin
    talesin
    Organic food is BS. I had grandparents who lived on medieval farm surrounded by vineyards and peach orchards that my grandmother inherited. But it was my granduncle and his family who took care of the property and they supplied entire family with food product they grew. We had wine, butter, goat cheese, sausages, goose, bacon all from the farm. It was natural, produced without chemicals and tasty.

Kaik. Natural, produced without chemicals and tasty - that is organic! Organic means without pesticides, and using old seed, and REAL food, like butter, and whole milk.

Also, the term 'holistic' has been co-opted by a certain species of frauds and charlatans that offer crazy 'alternatives' to real medicine.

Holistic medicine, in the pure medical sense, infers treating the whole patient, factoring in lifestyle, eating habits, possibility of somatic illness. At least, that is how my GP feels - the mind and body are one - how we feel, does affect our physical health (many illnesses caused by stress, for example). That is holistic medicine. I found a good description on wiki............ The holistic concept in medical practice, which is distinct from the concept in the alternative medicine, upholds that all aspects of people's needs including psychological, physical and social should be taken into account and seen as a whole. A 2007 study said the concept was alive and well in general medicine in Sweden.

LisaRose

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

My short diatribe on this topic.

1st Fuck Monstanto

Eat as much fresh locally grown pesticide free fruits and vegetables as you can stuff in your face.

Eat NON-gmo if at all possible.

Eat the highest quality protein you can. Antibiotic free chicken and fish, grass fed beef, cage free eggs, etc....

DO NOT eat anything processed.

Cut out all fake sweeteners, and chemicals.

Limit sugar drastically - I only eat sugar on rare special occasions and then it's only a bite. (It's amazing how great fruit tastes once you're off sugar)

Drink a LOT of water.

Get a LOT of sleep.

Sweat every day.

• talesin
    talesin
    Freeandclear ,,. can I 'like' your comment many times over? YES!
  • kaik
    kaik
    talesin, I believe there is a difference between organic as pushed today versus natural. Natural food is considered unhealthy by organic standards http://www.organicitsworthit.org/natural/natural-vs-organic. For example my granny baked bundtcake with six to eight eggs. They had smoked house with curing and aging sausages and bacon. It had salt as preservative. They did not know anything fat-free, sugar free, cholesterol free, gluten free. All was naturally produced from the environment. Butter was deep yellow and when it was fried in smell nicely. Today's butter tastes like paraffin. When I am buying a stuff I avoiding anything that has xyz-free on the product label.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit