How many of you are health nuts?

by Harvard Illiterate 411 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

There was/is a sister in my old hall who was a pharmaceutical sales rep and she was a huge proponent of anything in the drug industry. When someone had a headache, she was the first to say "take an asprin." Now my husband and I are what you might call old hippies. We live frugally, we live in a very eco-friendly home with optimal thermal efficiency (husband designed it) heat pumps, well water, solar. Our monthly energy bills are less that what most people pay for their cell phones, $60 on average. We believe in holistic treatments and for our age, have done very well. Neither of us have any health issues and when my husband went for his life insurance physical exam, the doctor was amazed he was in such good health and said he was one of the top 10 he has seen in his life. Ditto for me. We eat organic foods when we can, grow our own vegetables and stay away from chemical laced products. The sister I mentioned in the outset is constantly sick and taking all sorts of medications at the age of 41.

What do you think? Is it worth the extra money for organic food? Avoiding GMO and pesticide laden foods? Eating home instead of out?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

lol at holistic medicine aka snake oil.

"Organic" food is a scam just like the BIG PHARMA you bitch about.

but whatever. there's nothing i can say or evidence I can post to change any of your beliefs (sounds pretty familiar, eh?)

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

I'm open to discussion and never closed minded. I'll take medication if I need them but that is a last resort. They have their place but not the way the industry pushes it like candy. Do you know the history of how lead got into gasoline?

Organic foods sometimes yes can be a scam. But again, if you make such a broad statement that all organic food is a scam then I can't help you either. Do you know anything about Glyphosate? Never mind. Enjoy your bliss.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I lift weghts....not lately cuz of my bike accident, but i try keepin at least the top end pumped. I should work on my legs though.😶
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

good on you Harvard illiterate

I lean towards keeping off medication if I can (although I acknowledge that this isn't possible for everyone) and feel healthier for it. Indeed last year my own GP advised that it is better to cut down on prescribed medication if is possible.

I prefer the taste of organic food and also prefer to try ayuervedic oils and herbs for mild ailments.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

lol.

"I'm open to discussion"

"Never mind, enjoy your bliss."

Fuck. You.

You must be a grade A cunt and a joy to be around. No wonder people fucking hate hippies.

And I'm well aware of Roundup. But please tell me all about it. Don't pull the "EDUCATE YOURSELF" card.

Ruby: I guarantee that you would fail a blind taste test between organic food and EVIL non-organic food.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Ummm yeah ....but try gettin a tooth pulled without anesthesia.... Yup....thats what i thought😂😂
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Nah. When I get a sore tooth, I just eat some magic unicorn powder and that cures it.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    I am totally with you on the natural foods and now all my doctors have resorted to finding any natural remedies possible before writing a prescription. They are simply done with all the allergic reactions and drug sensitivity. I am in my mid 60'S and all my numbers are right on, normally workout on a daily basis, eat extremely healthy and the only medication which I take is a very high dose of a migraine preventative that is unavoidable.
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456

there there guys (post directed at the two Bs)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit