She displayed a literature cart in front of my house: That does it for me!

by Tempest in a Teacup 53 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I say crazy like a fox.

She has figured out the absolute best way to get your obligatory time in--work at home and do nothing.

Making those phone calls and writing letters used to be the only work at home options.

Now with the cart, you can sit there knitting 1 foot away from your front door and do absolutely zero preaching.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

a day ago

I have two questions.

What DOES your mom bring to this living arrangement? She doesn't seem to respect you, doesn't respect your home, and doesn't contribute financially since you said she refuses to work.
    If she doesn't bring anything to this relationship and arrangement, why are you supporting her?

Er....I'll tell you what she brings SHES HER MOTHER....jeeze

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Er....I'll tell you what she brings SHES HER MOTHER....jeeze

Whew, thanks for clarifying that for me. I'll say the same thing I said just after that post you quoted. Just because someone had sex that they wanted to have and a kid was the byproduct, that doesn't make one forever obligated to that person. Yes, some people are great mothers and do so out of love and care, and others out of narcissism and control. The latter doesn't really care about their kids, so why should their kids care about them? Nobody is obliged to owe something to others just because they're related. Birthing a child doesn't make a person some magical entity deserving everlasting praise and care if they never gave it to you. I asked because I don't know their relationship. The OP doesn't have to live with crazy and support a grown adult that is toxic. You may feel differently, and go right ahead. The pedestal that moms or dads are placed on automatically is the cause of a ton of dysfunction and toxic relationships.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Gaak, I saw young women just sitting on a park bench with wtbts love t propped up on their laps. No witnesses of anything but the fact that they read WT magazine. Which is not attracting attention from anyone but me and other incredulous exes who wish our hours were earned so painlessly. Stupidest witness I ever saw in an organization that is not known for being smart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit