The US military INTENTIONALLY KILLS innocent people??? Where?? When???

by Stan Conroy 84 Replies latest social current

• Seven
  • Englishman
    Englishman

Teenyyuck,

I think that you're being a bit over-sensitive here. The UK has done some ghastly things and I get reminded of them quite frequently.

It's a bit precious to complain of anti-Americanism everytime someone makes a criticism. They are in the forefront of the news right now, so they are bound to come up in threads a good deal. Most UK'ers are fond of Americans generally even if we do think that the political angles are a bit weird.

Mind you, so are ours! At least your bunch don't wear wigs.

Englishman.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Geez, I forgot about the wigs...ha!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

History is a rollercoaster ride for countries and their residents. While the US/UK have taken a downturn politically and possbily morally, there are still millions of reasons to be proud of the americans and brits.

Holding our leaders acocuntable is a very time consuming and intensive process. However, there is still life after current affairs, we must remind ourselves to also make time to reflect on the amazing things that make something "british" or "american".

• rem
    rem

Utopian Reformist has it all figured out.

rem

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I don't see why people have a problem with this. Only a fool supposes that their country / government is without any fault. I certainly dont think the UK has never done any wrong.

No country, government or administration is without fault. Bringing up the Indians is simply ridiculous. As Uzzah noted, the British, French and Spanish were the perps there...the settlers of the Americas completed the job.

We might as well rehash history from Adam and Eve.

Do you all think that the US is going to change when GW is gone? Clinton was doing the same thing GW was doing...just not on as grand a scale. The next prez is going to have to deal with the same BS.

There is never going to be *peace and security* in the world as we know it. Perhaps the JW upbringing many of us had has clouded the view....

There is always going to be *someone* in power in the world...it happens to be the US right now. In 50 years it will probably be Chna and we will all be commiserating on a DB on how bad they are.

I know of many, if not all of the faults of the US. Having supposed faults pointed out, continually, by countries that rely on the US for aid money is annoying. My tax dollars go to help your countries. Remember that the next time your country needs something and American aid is offered.

BTW, living in the US gives a much better view of the faults. You don't know half of it....

• obiwan
    obiwan

I know of many, if not all of the faults of the US. Having supposed faults pointed out, continually, by countries that rely on the US for aid money is annoying. My tax dollars go to help your countries. Remember that the next time your country needs something and American aid is offered.

Wow teeny, you need some fiber. There are alot of countries that "chip" in.Pointing your finger at other countries won't solve that issue.

• nilfun
    nilfun

"Bringing up the Indians is simply ridiculous."

I disagree. I believe they are relevant to this discussion, and "bringing [them] up is completely on-topic.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Englishman:

I don't think Teeny was being oversensitive. The thread was started with this unproven wild assertion by Stan:

Supporters of the US feel that there country alone is on the moral high ground, and incapable of such an act.

I have not seen anyone take this stance and it set the tone for this to be yet another anti-American thread. As if there haven't been enough of them already.

Uzzah

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK, let me rephrase this, when in my generation has this happened?

I concede that yes, some indiscriminate bombing went on in WW2, usually though it was directed at industrial centers...Dresden being one notable exception. Question, who committed more atrocities during WW2, the US or Japan and Germany? No, that doesn't make what the US did better, but it does put it in perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit