The US military INTENTIONALLY KILLS innocent people??? Where?? When???

by Stan Conroy 84 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Blinkers are what horses wear in races - they are used to only make them see what the rider wants them to see and to go the way they are meant to go, ie. the way the rider wants.

You have a blinkered outlook.

• jelly
    jelly

If thats what you want to believe, I mean the war did range on for many years after the bomb was dropped. And the Japanese hardly put up any fight at all on Okinawa (sp?).

• nilfun
    nilfun

Just so it is clear, I believe that it is a mistake to
    make an examination of history only because one seeks to
    use the past to justify continuing hatred for one's fellow humans.
    Uzzah, I only state this because I do not wish to be lumped in with Neo-Nazi's,
    --or any other group which has hatred as it's main impetus.

That certainly is not my aim here. Do my posts about genocide
    in the Americas mean that hate must be the only possible motivation
    for my remembrance of the dead?

Since the original focus of this thread was the U.S. military,
    it was only natural that the history regarding aboriginal
    Americans would be eventually be discussed.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

where: kent state university. when: may 4th 1970

• Simon
    Simon
    the war did range on for many years after the bomb was dropped

Are you in some alternate universe with a different history? If it did go on for years then how can you declare that it ended the war? That doesn't make sense

From the link (keep in mind that the bomb was dropped August 6, 1945):

On the night of March 9-10, 1945, a wave of 300 American bombers struck Tokyo, killing 100,000 people. Dropping nearly 1,700 tons of bombs, the war planes ravaged much of the capital city, completely burning out 16 square miles and destroying a quarter of a million structures. A million residents were left homeless.

On May 23, eleven weeks later, came the greatest air raid of the Pacific War, when 520 giant B-29 "Superfortress" bombers unleashed 4,500 tons of incendiary bombs on the heart of the already battered Japanese capital. Generating gale-force winds, the exploding incendiaries obliterated Tokyo's commercial center and railway yards, and consumed the Ginza entertainment district. Two days later, on May 25, a second strike of 502 "Superfortress" planes roared low over Tokyo, raining down some 4,000 tons of explosives. Together these two B-29 raids destroyed 56 square miles of the Japanese capital.

Even before the Hiroshima attack, American air force General Curtis LeMay boasted that American bombers were "driving them [Japanese] back to the stone age." Henry H. ("Hap") Arnold, commanding General of the Army air forces, declared in his 1949 memoirs: "It always appeared to us, atomic bomb or no atomic bomb, the Japanese were already on the verge of collapse." This was confirmed by former Japanese prime minister Fumimaro Konoye, who said: "Fundamentally, the thing that brought about the determination to make peace was the prolonged bombing by the B-29s."

In April 1945 a new government headed by Kantaro Suzuki took office with the mission of ending the war. When Germany capitulated in early May, the Japanese understood that the British and Americans would now direct the full fury of their awesome military power exclusively against them.

American officials, having long since broken Japan's secret codes, knew from intercepted messages that the country's leaders were seeking to end the war on terms as favorable as possible. Details of these efforts were known from decoded secret communications between the Foreign Ministry in Tokyo and Japanese diplomats abroad.

In an article that finally appeared August 19, 1945, on the front pages of the Chicago Tribune and the Washington Times-Herald, Trohan revealed that on January 20, 1945, two days prior to his departure for the Yalta meeting with Stalin and Churchill, President Roosevelt received a 40-page memorandum from General Douglas MacArthur outlining five separate surrender overtures from high-level Japanese officials. (The complete text of Trohan's article is in the Winter 1985-86 Journal, pp. 508-512.)

This memo showed that the Japanese were offering surrender terms virtually identical to the ones ultimately accepted by the Americans at the formal surrender ceremony on September 2

In April and May 1945, Japan made three attempts through neutral Sweden and Portugal to bring the war to a peaceful end

Now, whatever cock and bull story you want to believe to justify to yourself that the murder of hundreds of thousands of civilians is "OK" is up to you, just don't assume that everyone else is dumb enough to believe it.

• jelly
    jelly

Kent State serves two lessons.

First, dont throw bricks at 19 year old boys with machine guns. They did not make the rules the politicians did, they did not order themselves to deploy the generals did. Throwing rocks and bricks at 19 year olds is chicken shit behavior. Use the process and change the laws.

Second, the national guard cannot shoot. What was it like 7 hippies killed. I could have bagged 7 hippes with a bolt action rifle, with an m-16 I could have brought down like 20 easy. We really need to teach the national guard to shoot better. I guess the trick is to realize hippies cant run very fast they are too stoned. They do tend to weave and not run in a straight line thought. So the trick is dont lead them as much and bracket them in with about three shots, that should do the trick.

Terry (respect my authorata)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just by coincidence this was in todays news at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3161721.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39416000/jpg/_39416805_enolagay_203bodyafp.jpg

The American aircraft that carried out the Hiroshima bombing in Japan, the Enola Gay, has been reassembled to be put on public display in Washington.

The restored B-29 bomber was unveiled to the media at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on Monday, and is due to go on public display in December.

The Enola Gay dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima on 6 August 1945, leading to Japan's surrender six days later.

More than 140,000 people were killed as a direct result of the bombing. Many more suffered radiation illness, raising the eventual death toll to more than 220,000.

The National Air and Space Museum has spent months restoring the Enola Gay, which was one of 15 aircraft modified for the secret atomic bomb missions.

"Because of the work of some very talented men and women, future generations will sense first-hand the unalterable significance of this aircraft in World War II and human history. Let's learn from it," said museum director JR Daily.

Vetted by veterans

In 1995 the museum staged an exhibition about the atomic bomb, featuring the forward fuselage of the Enola Gay.

Controversy initially surrounded that event: US veterans objected to a draft script accompanying the exhibition, which they said portrayed the Japanese as victims of US aggression.

The script was eventually revised and the exhibition ran for more than three years.

The latest exhibition is attracting no such criticism from veterans.

"We believe that it is historically accurate this time and we congratulate the Air and Space Museum," Napoleon Byars of the Air Force Association told Reuters news agency.

A Japanese-American also quoted by the Reuters, Aiko Herzig, said she hoped the exhibition would include scenes showing the devastation of the bomb.

"We need to remind ourselves about how terrible nuclear weapons are," she said.

With a wingspan of 43 metres (141 feet) the Enola Gay was too large and heavy to be housed at the museum's main building.

It will be on display at a giant hangar at the museum's Steven Udvar-Hazy Center, near Dulles International Airport in Washington.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

jelly

any chance you can get over to northern ireland? there's a few provo's that need sorting out with your m16.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Supporters of the US feel that there country alone is on the moral high ground

Well I personally think that the US is way more moral than all you other guys. My country alone also has the lock down on ethics, intelligence, beauty, and all other things good. Duh! The US is perfect in every way, all of US supporters feel this way .

I LOVE blanket statements!

• jelly
    jelly

Simon,

Dude I am not going to continue this argument with you past this post. First, your source is flawed. Members of the government and some millitary might have wanted to surrender, but there is no way they could have, the army would have never allowed it. Even after the dropping of the Atomic Bombs some Army officers didnt want to surrender and attempted (but failed) to start a coup. The Japanese were not going to surrender, they were going to fight just like they did on okinawa, where underslupplied and overmatched they created a great deal of blood letting on both sides.

In all seriousness picking one source ( are sources all having a simialr viewpoint) and then forming wild historical views is a flawed practice. It is indicitive on an individual that wants to find information to fit his own preconcivied idea.

America:

• Has failed in a large way in Asia, allowing millions to die in Cambodia through well intentioned by failed policies
    • Has like the rest of the world failed Africa (800K dead in a genocide while the world watched)
    • Has issues with Racism but is much better today that 20 years ago and a completly different country than it was 40 years ago
    • Has supported bastards in Central and South America when we probably did not have to

I can admit when America fails, but I will not change history just to suit your prejudices.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit