The US military INTENTIONALLY KILLS innocent people??? Where?? When???

by Stan Conroy 84 Replies latest social current

• nilfun
    nilfun

"But equal blame for this goes to France, England Spain Portugal
    and all other countries..."

Yes. Thus my use of the phrase "aboriginal Americans".
    It encompasses not only the people who were destroyed
    by the U.S military in the United States, but also those
    who were liquidated by other armies elsewhere in the Americas.

"But how many generations have to share the blame of their
    forefathers before it can become history without it being
    shoved in the face of people never actually involved in the
    atrocity?"

Good question. One that I don't have an answer for.

But I suppose that the difference between simply examining a
    history for what it was/is and "shoving [it] in the face of
    people never actually involved" all depends on your perspective.

I believe it is possible to look at my country's history and
    be able to admit, "Yes, this happened" without being consumed by
    hate for my fellow humans. It is also of interest to me to try
    and learn why it happened, and why it continues to be a
    contentious subject, even to later generations.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes, the A-bombing was an extreme act. But the Emperor brought it upon himself and the people he brainwashed into treating him like a God-King

So, hundreds of thousands or millions of people were killed ... and it was their fault ?!

Few would disagree with that. But equal blame for this goes to France, England Spain Portugal and all other countries who citizens became 'Americans' who continued the atrocities. So Dutch, Irish, Scandenavians, Italians, Germans, Greeks, Turks, all contributed.

Ah ... I wonder if you could still use the same argument: "America never does bad things because we're descended from Europeans!"

Well, I've got news for you pal - it's not our fault, it's the Romans, yes ... that's it, they are responsible

I A post is put up showing the *other* Indians and it is dismissed without a counter

No, you miss the point. We don't argue about things that are damn facts. We say "Yes, our country did bad" and the argument stops. Can you not grasp this simple thing?!

• Simon
    Simon

jelly, yuor argument is so flawed I don't know where to begin.

You have swallowed the propaganda and the myth that has been promulgated since the bombs were dropped to excuse the inexcusable.

The people in that city were no threat and killing them did not 'end the war'

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    No, you miss the point. We don't argue about things that are damn facts. We say "Yes, our country did bad" and the argument stops. Can you not grasp this simple thing?!

Hmmmm.....

I think I have been saying "Yes, our country did bad".

Now can the arguement stop?

Can you grasp this simple thing?

Please

• Simon
    Simon

Fine by me, I thought you were just trying to be sarcastic in your first post on this topic.

• jelly
    jelly
    did not 'end the war'

Simons grasp of history; he claims the bombs did not end the war. I'll just leave it at that.

Terry

• amac
    amac

LatinAssasin -

The Japanese were clearly warned about the destruction that awaited them if they didn't surrender. Yes, the A-bombing was an extreme act. But the Emperor brought it upon himself

Please tell me you're joking. Because we warned them we were going to do it, it makes it OK? The Emporer brought it upon himself? Al Queda could use the same crazy argument for Sept 11th.

• Simon
    Simon

Jelly: Go do some reading without the blinkers on and "tin-foil wrapped round your head"

http://www.marynet.com/hirosh.html

• Xena
    Xena
    As for my claim that American's feel they have the moral high-ground and are incapable of such things, just listen to some right-wing talk radio. Perhaps this doesn't reflect the viewpoint of Mr and Mrs American, but the picture painted is that America is God's tool on this earth, and that the US is the only country capable of doing what is right and just.

Yea they speak for all of us don't ya know??? Perhaps you should try listening to something other than right-wing talk radio...just a suggestion...

Do they have more than on station in Canda???

• jelly
    jelly

they word you are reaching for is blinders simon not blinkers. I am not sure what reading with blinkers on would entail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit