Where do I go now?

by Libby 41 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could go on to tell you to start with assuming nothing, questioning everything, doubting most everything.

But instead, I will appeal to common sense. If God saw your struggle with JW's and discovering that "the truth" was a lie, and if He knows how faithful you wish to be in finding the way, He won't be angry if you take your time.

Relax a bit, search. Start a journey of discovery. Include skepticism of the Bible and include science. Include philosophy and alternatives to Christianity. Do some heavy research on cognitive dissonance and cults. Enjoy finding out what the real truth is. If God is worthy of your worship, He won't smite you for wanting to find the real truth.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

You don't have to figure everything all at once. When i first left I didn't pray and I rejected all organized religion. A few years later I changed my mind and now I pray all the time and feel I have a purpose. It's a process and we've all been there (at least anyone who grew up as a JW). This opportunity allows you to really think about your morals, convictions, beliefs and you'll come out on the other end a conscious adult who knows why you are doing this or that (like praying). I know it feels like a disappointment but it's actually a gift. I think many people go through their whole lives not knowing why they do the things they do. Socrates said "The unexamined life is not worth living". You just got your big chance to examine EVERYTHING. It's a process..take it slow...and guess what? In the end, not too many people out there care if you pray or don't pray, if you're baptized or not (except JWs) You will probably swing from one extreme to another (I did) and find your balance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit