Steven Lett asks for money again

by Gorbatchov 49 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

The first thing that struck me was the way he came across, as if he were on a children's programme aimed at primary school age (7-11). Then the guilt tripping (Jesus obeying his Father). Then the commendation (how wonderful you've all been in responding) including some emotional manipulation in reading out a young teen's letter about how she'd saved up her pocket money to send. It seems the May broadcasting resulted in a 15% increase in contributions during June and July (according to Lett). 'So now we're trying it again', he's saying.

What happened to the 'we will never ask for money'?

Then there's the showing of what all the money is being used for. Nothing about having to clean up contaminated property. Nothing about out of court settlements for child abuse cases. Nothing about covering dodgy investments that have gone wrong. It's all got to look totally squeaky clean.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

They tell us that they have cut back on many projects and expenses, then go on to tell us that they are increasing many projects and therefore have many expenses to cover??

Huh?? Is that double-speak or what!??!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yes, double speak. It's a characteristic of a sect, combined with guilt-tripping and money grabbing. 1+1+1=3.

If it looks like a sect, it sound likes a sect and it smells like a sect, it's the truth.

Gorby

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    the GB must listen to ABBA records money money money its a rich mans world
  • avoidjw
    avoidjw
    18:11-18:30 "exciting last days"?
  • lriddle80
    lriddle80
    I think to an average JW, my mom for instance, this would be further proof the end is near. I believe they have her so scared about the end she would believe anything they say and do. She is so scared that I am not in it anymore, she posts almost daily passive aggressive posts to "come back to Jehovah" and about how exciting it is to be living in these times. Any changes made just draws them closer. I want to cut them off, but some good friends made me realize that they could get some glimmer of truth from me and encouraged me not to give up. It's tough dealing with people in a cult!!
  • BroMac
    BroMac

This is the first episode of JW TV evangelism I have seen.

I'm speechless. He is talking like Mr Tumble to a child.

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Everytime Lett speaks I think of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and start laughing. He sounds like RUPRECHT!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF8QAeQm3ZM

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

tornapart - "The first thing that struck me was the way he came across, as if he were on a children's programme aimed at primary school age (7-11)."

Comforting to know that if the WTS ever goes under, Lett could headline a religious reboot of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit