Lawsuit Settlement Amounts

by Richard Oliver 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

(damn...edit button is gone)

And, furthermore, would the parents be held responsible, if, after keeping that secret and not reporting it, the son went out and committed a third murder.

Are the parents responsible for the third murder?

• steve2
    steve2

I have seldom before been so pleased a poster has been banned because I value diverse points of view and have a fairly thick skin when it comes to exchanges with posters whose views I disagree with - or who disagree with me.

However, RO is different.

He has become an unrelenting defender of the indefensible. Almost every single post he either started or commented on was an attempt to subvert concerns about JW organization's antiquated child-abuse "policies" and an opportunity to cleverly frame his pro-JW defence in a stranglehold of "innocent" legalese.

He had one agenda:

To make the exposure of JW organization's responses to child sexual abuse as not so bad after all. Poor JW organization! Unfairly picked on. Other religions are worse!

If RO himself weren't gay (hello brother I'm gay too), he'd likely be back at the Kingdom Hall giving stock answers during meetings and making sneering comments about ex-JWs.

He has taken the ARC report apart by steadily questioning it whilst only with extreme guardedness has deigned to belatedly admit some relatively minor concerns about JW organization.

There are far too many white men in the world who defend patriarchal religious systems of exploitation. RO isn't the first and won't be the last.

But I am so pleased this one-note pony is done here.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Your illustration is incomplete. (Said to Richard Oliver)

Yes, his reasoning is almost always flawed. He lets out just enough truth to get a firm hold on it and twist it hard, as do most Jehovah's Witnesses.

[Richard Oliver] has become an unrelenting defender of the indefensible.

That is very well put Steve2.

• Simon
    Simon
    There are far too many white men in the world who defend patriarchal religious systems of exploitation. RO isn't the first and won't be the last.

Wait, what?

How are you interjecting race into this? When it comes to men defending patriarchal religious systems of exploitation, white men are not actually the biggest offenders.

But race should really be irrelevant when it's about religious exploitation (unless the exploitation has some specific racial component to it).

• steve2
    steve2

Good point. Sometimes I get carried away. 😌

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Why does the amount matter to you?

The fact they have to pay anything at all proves their wrongdoing and failures to the victims.

This is a victory and something they would have never got had they not fought for it

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    The only statement that says estimate ScenicViewer is the statement by SilentLambs for the Fessler Case.

Again Richard Oliver has avoided the question which is "Where did anyone claim that a settlement amount is an "absolute fact," which is the term he used but could not substantiate.

I see that RO is now off the site. At least he won't be able to avoid the question again, which is part of his method of argument, and readers, including lurkers, won't be subjected to his flawed and misleading methods of reasoning that are simply designed to support an abusive religious organization, the Watchtower Society.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    The guy [Richard Oliver] is trying to find the facts.

No he isn't, he is only trying to defend Watchtower. RO will dole out just enough fact to twist it in Watchtower's favor, but the real facts - the whole truth - means nothing to him.

• freddo
    freddo

Good decision Simon. Very good decision indeed.

Thank you.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Richard does it really matter what the exact amount is? The fact is Watchtower has settled many cases with ( I'm sure to everyone here) what are large sums of money. Whether it's 500,000 or 50,000 per person doesn't really matter in my view. The fact they did so speaks volumes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit