Lawsuit Settlement Amounts

by Richard Oliver 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

From WatchtowerDocuments.org

Incredulously, by mistake, one California court actually sent me court-sealed settlement papers which revealed that the Watch Tower paid out $781,250 to one victim. Multiplying this figure by 16 victims, the total was an even $12,500,000.

from silentlambs.org

In 2007 seventeen victims received an average of $750,000 each in a legal battle that took six years for them to finally pay up.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Pay *$2,000,000+ to Gag Abuse Victim

They even admit that it is only an estimate but they claim it is based on previous settlements, but no one knows what the previous settlements are.

From JWfacts.org

In 2007, the Watchtower settled 16 child abuse cases, with a total payout estimated to have been $13 million dollars.

So is it that everyone just goes off of the unsubstantiated report by Barbara Anderson and it just keeps going and going. even on this site you can find plenty of references to a 12.5 million dollar settlement for 13 plantiffs.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Yeah outlaw at least I can speak and don't rely on memes and can't make a coherent argument.

Yeah Ollie, right dude, exactly you "can't make a coherent argument".

You're a living and breathing Meme dude!

# 5 at:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meme

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Richard Oliver:

They even admit that it is only an estimate but they claim it is based on previous settlements, but no one knows what the previous settlements are.

You previously stated that it was being claimed "as an absolute fact." Have you, as is your usual technique, exaggerated slightly to make those who oppose Watchtower look incompetent people who make up lies?

Where exactly did the above mentioned (B. Anderson, JWfacts, JWsurvey, and now you've thrown in Silentlambs) state an unsubstantiated amount as an absolute fact, as you claimed?

Your exaggerations don't win you much respect.

Yeah outlaw at least I can speak and don't rely on memes and can't make a coherent argument.

Now I'm beginning to get it.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver
    ScenicViewer I have pointed out where they have stated that these things are facts. And if you based your estimate on something that you have no actual evidence of how can you make an educated estimate of anything.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Why do you want to know? Why are you so concerned about the borg's legal matters? Why do you never ask a question about doctrine?

Do you think the sites mentioned are being deliberately misleading or lying?

Are you doing market research for the borg?

Are you a mole?

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Doctrine is up to interpretation. When someone says that another person paid 12.5 million dollars to 13 other people, that would be a fact that can be backed up with actual facts. I am just looking to see if this is based on facts or just speculation and because one person said it then everyone just took it as a fact.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are you a mole?

Image result for Funny mole cartoon

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Richard Oliver
    From WatchtowerDocuments.org
    Incredulously, by mistake, one California court actually sent me court-sealed settlement papers which revealed that the Watch Tower paid out $781,250 to one victim. Multiplying this figure by 16 victims, the total was an even $12,500,000.

I actually asked Ms Anderson, the owner of Watchtower Documents, about this and she informed me she had purchased court documents of cases for her book she was writing and this is how the court-sealed settlement papers were sent to her.

Naturally I used my real name when talking to her.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I understand that she received one document. This was not certified as a class action lawsuit so the plaintiffs were not settling the cases together. Each plaintiff settled individually, so just because one plaintiff got a certain amount doesn't mean others got it too. The documents were sealed so by definition she couldn't know what each plaintiff received. So again is it just speculation that they all received the same amount and if so that is fine, just say that. But you can't say it as a fact that Watchtower paid out 12.5 million dollars.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why don't you get so butthurt over factual lies that Jehovah's Witnesses tell in their propaganda, not just doctrine, but actual factual lies like omitting information through ellipses? Why only this? Do you hope that these victims of horrific things got less? At least the word "estimate" was used. Who cares if it's estimated high or low other than you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit