Go Bag and Catastrophes

by StephaneLaliberte 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Overrated
    Overrated

Can't confirm but was wondering? Maybe someone may know.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Sea Breezea day ago
    I wonder why they didn't promote go bags in 1975? Weren't those Witnesses just as important as those today? What changed?
    Smiddy What happened to the "Ark of Salvation" Jehovah`s protection for the faithful in troubling times ?
    What is this with "Go Bags" anyway ? Where are they going to go ? If the GT is going to happen all at once around the world ?

Exactly!! When I found this board I first heard about "Go bags". I appreciate we don't have severe weather events like you guys in the states and other areas do, but this "Go Bag" for witnesses business was all new to me!

When I was in Jehovah was going to protect us no matter! We didn't need to make our own preparations!

Another thing was choosing houses for after Armageddon! We were taught that no buildings from "Satan's system" would survive, so it never entered our minds to think anything so, frankly, materialistic

• hoser
    hoser

It seems to me that the witnesses have always hyped up how great they do in disaster relief. They seem to like bragging how Jehovah likes scamming insurance companies out of their money. Get the labour for free then pressure the jw homeowner to donate the insurance money to the org.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Get the labour for free then pressure the jw homeowner to donate the insurance money to the org.

There's a term for that - Insurance Fraud. People get sent to prison for it. In the U.S. most states have State agency that investigates and enforces it. If the money goes through the banking system it becomes bank fraud and the United States Attorney's Office Prosecutes it. Those cases are usually investigated by the FBI or U.S. Secret Service.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In some countries a "Go Bag" may be a good idea and in no way would I belittle any such preparation.

However, I think a "Stay Bag" is a far more useful concept especially for those of us in countries such as the UK. A good supply of food and materials kept in stock, not for some once in a lifetime event but for when there's more than an inch of snow lying outside and everything has ground to a standstill, or when you are ill and cannot be bothered to go out to the shops. I think the GB are just beginning to understand this, it was mentioned in one of their updates.

As others have mentioned, where are people going to go with their go bags? I remember in the 1970's the Fastnet Race disaster. I think about 14 or 15 people died. However, many abandoned their boats for a flimsy life raft only to die whilst their yacht remained afloat. It would have to be something very special to get me to leave the relative safety of home.

George

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ST GEORGE:

I have said the same thing myself.

Where are the JWs going with their Go-Bags?? I asked this question to a JW friend still in. She had no answer for me.

I see the practical sense of Go-Bags and I have one or two myself because of natural disasters and such..[I also believe it is COMMON SENSE to have your home stocked with basic necessities and it’s really too bad some of the population is SO ignorant they need to be told about basic life skills.]

I would prefer to shelter-in-place unless something compelled me to evacuate...But, I really DO think some JWs think this Go-Bag thing will be for Exodus.1. They act as if they will be told to go ‘somewhere’ and maybe some miracle will occur!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I would prefer to shelter-in-place unless something compelled me to evacuate...But, I really DO think some JWs think this Go-Bag thing will be for Exodus.1. They act as if they will be told to go ‘somewhere’ and maybe some miracle will occur!''

A couple of years or so ago Lloyd Evans or at the time John Cedars related a thought along these parallels. But he further related that this is where a problem would occur with the Borg on this narrative. This can only,, and only happen one time only!!!

When the sheeple do follow some stupid instructions and NOTHING happens, this can only happen one time only. The fall-out would be massive. The Borg would paint itself into a corner that would be impossible to escape.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    What happened to the "Ark of Salvation" Jehovah`s protection for the faithful in troubling times ?

Jellohoba always comes out shinning. Never expected to do anything. Corona virus, hurricanes, nuclear war, doesn't matter what it is. You can count on Jellohoba to sit on his ass along gzillions of angels doing nothing.

Remember that god only acts in past -- as written in the fairy tale book -- or in the near future which of course keeps getting pushed down the road. Don't expect any action in the present moment.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

And....when someone injustice occurs the escape clause...leave it in JH's hands....(dot dot dot) Because they don't know. dot,dot,dot.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The other day on his youtube channel ''Mentally Diseased'', Jeremey said that the Borg literally is just ''one announcement away'' from giving directives in which the Sheeple will be instructed to do something extraordinary.

Then he related that some of the Sheeple will have second thoughts and not actually follow through with it, but a large majority will.

Lloyd Evans has related several times now that a large percentage of his subscribers are not JW's or who have never been JW's. They are just tuning-in and subscribing & watching his videos because they like to watch a ''train wreck in process''.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit