Go Bag and Catastrophes

by StephaneLaliberte 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What happened to the "Ark of Salvation" Jehovah`s protection for the faithful in troubling times ?

What is this with "Go Bags" anyway ? Where are they going to go ? If the GT is going to happen all at once around the world ?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm 41. I've had an EDC "end of the world go-bag" since I was 6 years old. As an adult now, it just makes sense. I have it in my work backpack. I have small ones in each vehicle, along with standard roadside emergency items.

How so? Because I was programmed early on that if the shit hit the fan, you gotta look out for #1. The Great Tribulation could break out at any moment, so at least be prepared.

Ironically, there's an entire industry built up around this type of mentality. "EDC" or "Every Day Carry" can be minimalist lightweight items, or just a small pack (8inx8in for instance) like I carry. Sometimes it goes waaaaay overboard, like in the case of "Doomsday Preppers", that have an entire basement walls stocked floor to ceiling with food items and 50,000 rounds of ammunition. I mean seriously, 50,000 rounds is pretty light duty if you ask me. But anyway, preparedness is not insane, but going overboard can become like some sort of hoarding obsession.

• zachias
    zachias

and how many are the gb going to admit to the Warwick base?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The government recommends go bags. WT is following the trend a lot of the foaming at the mouth world is better stocked, prepared, and charitable and kind. In recent fires there were groups from out of state churches coming in-- sifting ashes to find keepsakes for families.

Watch the money. I have NEVER seen WT use theirs, always finding some way to get things donated but take the credit.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Not so much due to concern about the welfare of the affected JWs. Rather, it was the loss of control. If a New Orleans JW was relocated to Texas, what meetings would he attend? How would the elders spy on, er, shepherd, them? What if a relocated JW discovers "hey, these 'worldly charities' are not foaming-at-the-mouth devil worshippers"? What if he needs to go to a hospital - how would the local HLC be there to enforce the blood prohibition? What if a few dozen, or a few hundred, fence-sitting JWs used this an opportunity to "fade" from the organization?

FFGhost for the win!

If you had to boil the Watchtower down to one, single point it would be this - control.

FFGhost is correct in his belief that if a large area was affected by a catastrophe the only way the Watchtower could continue to control Witnesses living there is to make sure they had provisions to stick together and hold out. Witnesses being forced to intermingle with non-Witnesses provides an opportunity for ultimate truth - personal experience.

Witnesses would come to see non-Witnesses are real people. The Watchtower narrative would fade away. This would cause Witnesses to begin to see things as they are, not as they are told, and begin to ask questions.

Stephanelaliberte - It could be World War III, the Zombie Apocalypse, and Sharknado 5: Global Swarming outside and the Watchtower would refuse to allow your residence as a safe shelter for the congregation. It would risk exposing those Witnesses to the truth about the Truth.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

When I was in the cult and put up things I was told that was not relying on Jehover. That I could not prepare and needed to rely on a god that is 2000 years late the dead beat dad.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I just have a case of spam and when that runs out, I would not want to be around if there is anarchy everywhere including a king dumb hall.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

If shit hit the fan, wouldn't it be wiser and safer to stay locked up at home with a refrigerator full of food instead of running outside with a bag small enough to carry just a few items??

The bag might last a day or two, maybe a little bit more if you have enough can food.

Staying at home you might have enough T-Bone steaks to last a month.

The GB is really stupid.

https://imgur.com/pkmmGyH

• asp59
    asp59

Another thing they have said is kingdom halls being the safe spots under great tribulation. Seem they changed that if they selling everything 😁

• Overrated
    Overrated

Was not Watchtower had A side company selling go bags? Would not surprise me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit