Go Bag and Catastrophes

by StephaneLaliberte 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Overrated
    Overrated

For those of us that have health issues, I have many go baggies in case I need to go out among other supplies. I'm glad they legalized Marijuana.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Fearmongering to control people, what a fucked up religion.

(Pardon the french)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Jeremey said that the Borg literally is just ''one announcement away'' from giving directives in which the Sheeple will be instructed to do something extraordinary.
    they live on this fear mongering. I remember when I was in every so often, there were these warnings as if something was about to happen. The only way they can keep things going is keep people hanging on in fear.
    I bet the extraordinary thing is that in-person preaching will stop. I really see that happening. Think about it, all the upside is there: Sit home and write letters while you count hours. The org gets their hours. Contributions are coming in, and JWs don't get confronted at he doors.
    Being a JW today is easy.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"I bet the extraordinary thing is that in-person preaching will stop. I really see that happening. Think about it, all the upside is there: Sit home and write letters while you count hours. The org gets their hours. Contributions are coming in, and JWs don't get confronted at he doors.
    Being a JW today is easy."

Yeah. The other day another youtuber put up a video along these sentiments. Could have been JWthoughts channel or Jexit2020. He said how he believes the in-person preaching is ''dead''. Probably the letter writing is here to stay or if some kind of preaching does resume, it will be back to those apathy carts when they can. That way the Borg can claim their 'hours'.

But come to think of it...if the preaching work is 'done', I thought JH could make the very stones cry out, I don't hear any stones crying out....well not yet. If I did hear stones crying out I'd be sure I'd be going nuts. I also thought the preaching work would never end until God said it was complete. ??

Too many questions.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    St George of England3 days ago
    “In some countries a "Go Bag" may be a good idea and in no way would I belittle any such preparation.However, I think a "Stay Bag" is a far more useful concept especially for those of us in countries such as the UK. “

Yes I agree with that. A larder full of canned food is a good policy. Of course if your house is on a flood plain then a go bag would be a good thing. It is wrong though to apply the advice that suits California or “tornado alley” to the whole world.

I did hear that they were reminded to check their go bags recently. NB when they first came in they were confused with Armageddon bags ....no such luck.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Does anyone else think the "Go Bags" of the Governing Body are full of Cash and Pass books to bank Accounts held in the Cayman Islands or similar ?

They KNOW that Armageddon is a Fiction, so are probably well prepared for when the brown stuff hits the fan and they have to disappear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit