JW Broadcasting: Russian Convention Travel Report w/Mark Sanderson

by pale.emperor 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

For those planning their "spiritual" careers, your chances of landing a plumb position in JW organization increases

exponentially if you're male and caucasian (sorry to the males from other ethnic backgrounds and all females).

The occasional Other Ethnicity is present (I count one Asian male).

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Reminds me of anlther thread from some time ago, regarding their god being a god of parking lots:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/225059/jehovah-god-parking-lots

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The question is: How did they get one-way tickets into Russia on tourist visa's? Russia is a lot like the US that way, you won't be entering the country on a one-way ticket as a tourist. You need at least temporary residence status to be allowed in either of those countries on a one-way ticket.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Anony Mous, are you suggesting that a Governing Body said something they didnt really mean?!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh. Duh.

The first photo of the Brotherhood of Suits has "21" brothers. The Airport Brotherhood has 18 brothers.

3 were left behind - the Russian Brothers didn't take the Last Flight Out of Moscow.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I am quite certain a Russian visitors visa requires a return ticket date. It seems obvious to me that the entourage either...

A) Was not all comprised of guys who had flown in (ie: some people had no tickets.....not all)

B) They had tickets and just needed to "move them up" because they were in a hirry. I suppose it sounds less miraculous that way.

C) Its completely made up.

I think its B. But A is viable if, Sandersons possie really rolls that deep?!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

From Russia with no love!

Although, they all look pretty happy to be "persecuted."

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Business class, I presume?

G.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

A typical tourist will go into Russia on a single trip visa. This is valid for 30 days. It requires a letter of invite from an approved agency, typically the hotel you are staying at or the agency you booked through but can be obtained from other online sources easily. It has a start date and therefore an end date of 30 days later. You can go into the country at any point during the 30 days and leave at any point. This is regardless of any dates you may put down for your expected dates of entry and exit. You do not have to have a return ticket just so long as you leave before your visa expires.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Does this even make sense???

It does if you remember that two slave laborers at Warwick compound were asked to stay on and provide free labor for an extra week and ran out of money, but lo and behold when they got to the airport their flight was miraculously over-booked and they volunteered to stay for a later flight and got just enough cash from the airline. But meanwhile some poor schmuck's wife got killed because he had a flat tire on his vehicle and she was hit by another vehicle while he was changing it.

Just shows what is most important to the JW leadership...CASH over a life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit