C.O. Reports: JWs/WTS "Reach Critical Mass...

by BitterTruth 107 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

How can they ask the Governing Body to resign, and in effect, blame them for some of their cruel and stupid doctrines WITHOUT DESTROYING the concept they are God's one true organization? If they destroy that concept for the blind sheep that follow it, then they will hemorhage so many members it will permanently cripple The Society. Even the disgruntled JWs in positions of authority don't want that.

It's like fighting for control of the Titanic.

• winsome
    winsome

Megadude,

Perhaps, it gives the Governing Body a gracious way out. To resign and let SOMEONE else "rule" for a change.

But either way, whether they voluntarily do this or not, to officially ask the Governing Body to resign, forces a SHOWDOWN between opposing forces of power at Bethel, and worldwide. The Silentlambs situation with media coverage has placed all JWs in a situation where "every tub must sit on its own bottom" before God, and take responsibility for that position. No more passing the buck.

Bill Bowens has publicly asked for the DISFELLOWSHIPMENT of the Governing Body for sins committed against innocent children. That is what his September 27th March on Brooklyn Bethel is all about. The media coverage makes it very public. Its the Governing Body vs. Silentlambs and issues thereof, brought forcefully before the general public, courtesy of the media with each and every Jehovah Witness worldwide ON TRIAL as to where they stand on this issue.

winsome

• Salud
    Salud

Hi Kagloo and WELCOME!

I can understand your feeling of disloyalty. Believe me many of us have been there. You are coming to a point where I believe many 'thinking' witnesses come to at one point in their lives. The difference is that you seem to want to do something about it.

I once believed that change was possible within the organization. I felt that by being a better elder that change would come, that somehow I could make a difference. I was mistaken. It is corrupt from the top down. It is like MegaDude said that those running the Society do not have any integrity.

You have come to a crossroads in your life. You will be faced with many changes. Take them slow and be patient. May I reccommend reading Ray Franz's book's 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom' if you have not read them already. Especially 'In Search of...' will really open your eyes to the organizaiton and everything you might have thought to be 'Truth'.

Good luck and please come back. There are many here who are willing to help you on your quest.

Salud

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

There will always be Jehovah's Witnesses. Why? Because denial is probably the most powerful form of human behaviour going. People believe what they want to believe, especially if they have invested a great deal of time, energy and belief.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

There will always be Jehovah's Witnesses.

Big Tex, in 1988 I would have said There will always be a Berlin Wall....or, There will always be a Soviet Union...

In 1989, Poof! they were gone! Just like that!

Same thing could happen to the dubs......never say never!

Pope

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Pope,

ya gotta point there...and not just the one on your hat.

• Robdar
    Robdar

BT,

I think you are a fraud and you are still a JW. You are here trying to convince us that changes are coming. Haven't I spoken to you before under different aliases? Except back then, you were trying to convince me that you have a friend on the GB who told you to encourage others to hang in there, work their way up the ladder and make changes from the inside.

Robyn

Edited slightly when I noticed the date this thread first appeared. Most remarks left.

Edited by - robdar on 28 August 2002 1:28:22

Edited by - robdar on 28 August 2002 1:33:35

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Robdar:

BT

Is that for me? I hope not. I'm not a JW.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Wow! Talk about a blast from the past! I miss my old friend "Friend." We had many, many battles in the past and as a result became very close. He became the big brother to me that I never had. He and I developed an honest mutual respect for each other. We frequently and privately wished each other the very best on our respective paths.

Seeker4,

Thanks for bringing this back to the top and it is something worth seeing again. (BTW, what's your favorite ice cream, or is that on a "need to know" basis? )

: Can one of the more erudite among us please define ``critical mass'' once and for all?

That is the crisis point it takes before the Governing Body will get off their wrinkled asses and do something different besides sitting around and glorifying themselves in front of each other and in the world they live in and rule.

It would also be the last religious service our current Roman Catholic Pope conducts before he croaks.

Farkel

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

Thanks for the welcome...

I thought I was alone ... it's a comfort to know that I am not!

I have a question....Those of you who have been where I am at the moment,,, do you still have a 'relationship' with Jehovah? Or does leaving the organisation sever the relationship with Jehovah. And if it does how do you fill your spiritual needs now?

For me the two are inextricably (is that how you spell it?) linked. I have never worshipped God in any other way. And besides... if Jehovah is the kind of Creator and Father that I believe that he is... surely he would understand that I have tried to worship Him in this way with a pure motive... You can't be condemned for that can you? Let's say, for the sake of argument that the stuff that the WT Society has taught me for the past 30 odd years is not accurate... surely Jehovah would make allowances for that... Wouldn't he?

I think that the biggest problem that we have in The Truth is that we are frightened of speaking our minds.. You know... telling it as it really is... Like the love that we are supposed to have amongst us.... I see it only rarely... and yet we wax lyrical about it all the time.. Like the meetiings being 'brilliant' when in reality they're not anymore. Or is it me that has become cynical?

Its a bit like the story of the Kings new clothes... Everybody knows that he's naked but nobody dares to say anything...

I long to go to the meetings and feel energised like a I used to do years ago when my kids were young... but they ( the meetings not my kids!!) have become so boring and monotonous. I truely feel that I could spend my time in much more productive way... And then I start to beat myself up and think that it must be my fault... I must have a weak faith or something.T

The thing is I REALLY want to be there.. I REALLY want to be a part of the people who worship God with Spirit & Truth.. I REALLY need to sort this out...in my head... somehow!!

Questions, questions... So many questions...

Anyway... I'm rambling a bit now. I had better close.

Kagloo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit