Finally heard a Dub defend overlapping generations

by Socrateswannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    A generation is a generation nothing more. Simply put there are no scriptures to support overlapping generations. The generation teaching is nothing more than a fallacy and with time taking it's toll on the Borg.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I would have asked her what she thought about Job 42:16 "After this Job lived for 140 years, and he saw his children and his grandchildren—four generations." (Also Matthew 1:17)

140 divided by 4 = 35. Jesus said "this generation", (Matthew 24:34) and within 33-36 years, that generation saw what he'd predicted.

• stillin
    stillin

It's like when somebody explains the trinity. They'll have some silly illustration and acknowledge that it's a mystery, but they understand it and "get it." The others all want to have this special understanding too, so they nod their heads and "get it" too.

Or else they question it and appear to be some idiot who thinks too much.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    There's always a clever clogs. My betting is she hasn't a clue about it but just wants to appear less of a burke than she is.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    You should maybe point out to this uber-sister that when Freedy boy died in 1992 ALL the current members of the GB were assistants AND the WT said that ALL assistants were then other sheep...so the time line given by Splane doesn't add up as not ONE of the current GB was anointed in 1992 and therefore CANNOT overlap with the first generation.
  • blondie
    blondie

As a woman I always knew it was acceptable for us to need more help.

"I still don't quite see it sister, could you show me using the charts so I could explain it to my bible student."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said "the searcher"!

Excellent points!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I bet if you asked this "sister" to explain it to someone, she couldn't. It makes zero sense!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get this now.

It's just like when they tell someone that "trinity" is not in the Bible. "Overlapping" generation isn't there either. So they scoff at one and lap up the other.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I had a car accident the other day. When the insurance adjuster asked me what happened, I told him: "OH, IT WAS JUST A CASE OF 'OVERLAPPING AUTOMOBILES'! It made perfect sense to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit