Finally heard a Dub defend overlapping generations

by Socrateswannabe 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Since the overlapping generations doctrine was introduced, I have found the JWs I know to be uncharacteristically silent on the subject. I can't remember hearing a single Dub try to defend this idiocy. But that all ended recently. I was at a party (get together in JW speak) and an uber dub sister pipes up about how grateful she is of Brother Splane's recent explanation of the overlapping generations. She said that she had been foggy on how this doctrine works but that the graphs and charts really pulled it all together for her, and that the example of Freddy Franz being overlapped was just what she needed to clear up her understanding. In her words, it now "all makes perfect sense". Of course the rest of the dubs in the room had no choice but agree, albeit with little enthusiasm.

I never cease to be amazed at how people can gobble up garbage and call it filet mignon. I'm starting to think that maybe the GB is not as clueless as I once thought. They obviously know their audience and realize that sooner or later, this insane doctrine will be accepted. Shame on them, though.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    If it makes "perfect sense" to anyone they are an idiot!
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Socrateswannabe - Did you tactfully or otherwise ask her to articulate it for your "foggy" brain ? Cos I think that would have blown it away.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's a cult, she was ready to believe any explanation they may have made, because to admit the truth, that it was obviously just something they made up, would be too uncomfortable to contemplate. That's how cults get people to accept and believe the preposterous.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ask what graphs and charts from the Bible itself are there? All a JW gets is that it has not happened, so any gobbledee goop must be the right understanding.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Overlapping beer is cool.......cuz like......the next one comes before the first one ever got flat n stuff............am i right????
  • 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Look at Splane's face when he speaks, and as he explains this generation filth.

He knows the JWs are eating all his words like warm, fresh shit from a spoon, and he loves the idea!

Compare Splane's demeanour to that of Herd's recently, when he was trying to put a positive spin on reducing world wide work. Sammy was having are hard time feeding the masses something that had obviously come straight from someone's anus. He could barely stomach the shit himself.....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

an uber dub sister pipes up about how grateful she is of Brother Splane's recent explanation of the overlapping generations. She said that she had been foggy on how this doctrine works but that the graphs and charts really pulled it all together for her, and that the example of Freddy Franz being overlapped was just what she needed to clear up her understanding. In her words, it now "all makes perfect sense". Of course the rest of the dubs in the room had no choice but agree, albeit with little enthusiasm.

........I Doubt Anyone Of Them Could Explain It..

Image result for confused people.........Image result for confused people

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If you want to believe someone you will find a way to do so.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

In hindsight one could ask her what scripture exactly states it`s an overlapping generation , I can`t find it in my NWT of the Bible., and when she goes on to quote the G.G. member , you could say , So it`s not a specific scripture that states it , it is only an interpretation of said scripture by the G.B.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit