JW renaming things: "It's Not this, it's ....."

by Muddy Waters 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Or, They're not prophets, but during the great tribulation, the nations shall know "that a prophet had been in their midst."

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

It's not child rape, it's fornication. It's not a criminal offence, it's a sin.

• zeb
    zeb

S2: A "Spiritual" person is someone who gets at least 15 hours per month, and answers at least three times per meeting...."

and wears the right shoes, pants or dress. Also who never locks their car at the KH lending themselves to be an unwitting part in car theft and whatever may come from that.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

It's not the Pope, deacons, priests or pastors it's the Governing Body, Circuit Overeers, Elders and Ministerial Servants! It's not a false prophecy - it was eager expectation. It's not "lack of natural affection" - it's a brotherhood of love. It's not a throng of medicated, miserable, fake smiles - it's JEHOVAH'S HAPPY PEOPLE. It's not an organization of people terrified to speak out because of the ramifications (ie emotional blackmail) - it's an organization of unity! For f*cks sake.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I always used to make jokes to my mother, because every Dec 25th she'd invite the entire family round and we'd have a huge turkey dinner, give presents and drink all day. It wasnt Christmas, no, no... it was simply because there was lots of turkey in the shops and we might as well eat it. And everybody's off work so we may as well get together. And there's lots of great toys and gifts in the shops at the moment so we may as well do our "suprise day" today seeing as we're all together.

But it wasn't Christmas. No, no. It's "a family get-together".

I used to wind her up by clinking glasses with the person next to me and saying "mazel tov!" - it wasnt "cheers" or "drinking to the gods" it was me saying "congratulations in Hebrew".

• pontoon
    pontoon

5 not at homes and 1 return visit >>>>> 2.5 hrs service time, or, got my time for the week

70 hours a MONTH >>>>> full time (is it still 70?)

pioneer >>>>> not a person headed west in a covered wagon

heavy weight >>>>> high ranking borg volunteer

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Older Men" = twenty/thirty year old elders that couldn't give a rats tail about anyone or anything not centered on themselves giving counsel to sixty or seventy year old people.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

No clergy class.But Elders do serve as clergy.

• rebel8
    rebel8

In-group language is an attribute of cults.

http://www.csj.org/studyindex/studymindctr/study_mindctr_singer.htm

It's not a church, it's a congregation/hall.

It's not a prophecy, it's an overly eager review of bible chronology.

It's not clergy, it's an elder.

It's not passing the plate, it's a donation arrangement.

It's not a religious holiday, it's wearing extra special dress clothes to a religious service with personal celebrations afterwards.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

It's not a good person, it's an evil worldly person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit