Child trafficking issues in India

by MaxPayne 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MaxPayne
    MaxPayne

This is the message that was posted on the jw inbox announcements tab. I have copy pasted it as it was.

If anyone from India has any information related to this, please do share.

Regards.

URGENT: Child Trafficking Accusations

Updated On: June 4, 2018

Confidential: We would like to inform all bodies of elders that vicious accusations of child trafficking are being made against numerous congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses in different parts of India. The branch office is aware of this situation and will be happy to help you respond if you are approached about this matter by local authorities such as the police. Please contact the Legal Department in the branch office right away if this happens. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Simon
    Simon

So many charities and NGOs guilty of child abuse, nothing would surprise me anymore.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

"Need greater" paedophile jws probably go to India where there are more vulnerable children, I wouldnt wager.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

By smearing the accusation as 'vicious' Watchtower reveal their true colours. Of course, they're as entitled as any organisation to protect their reputation against malicious attack but to put that self-interest first in the face of allegations of child trafficking tells you all you need to know about their priorities.

Pieces of shit.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You'd think they'd reassure the reader that the accusations are not true wouldn't you?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Where is this in the Bible that followers of Jesus Christ are to contact a legal authority when accusations are made against them ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Some reports coming out of India would suggest that India could quite well become the world mecca for child abuse.

• careful
    careful

MP's post on the topic 3 months ago.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4568648837496832/child-abuse-issues-india

blankspace's reply is worth noting. Of course, it can't be confirmed but sounds genuine. The poor girl in the final experience is a real tragic case.

Might MP's post above be the org's reaction to the worldwide crackdown on child sexual abuse that is beginning to filter even into places where it still goes on heavily like India?

In the words "The branch office is aware of this situation and will be happy to help you respond if you are approached about this matter by local authorities such as the police," surely the branch office being "aware of this situation" has more meaning that meets the eye. They are aware of the real history of the problem there in India as elsewhere and are scrambling to prepare for a potential exposé and consequent loss of public respect.

• humbled
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"The Branch Office is aware..." and will help you to deny deny deny...

All I can say is they know, they know, they know their congregations are a lurking place for predators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit