Legal Concerns About "Zoom" Meetings!

by Atlantis 42 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    There are child protection issues recording or photos being taken of children.

Fa1962: right tape over your cameras, but tell the elder they will be personally held responsible."will have a heavier judgement", and "the judgement starts with the house of god"

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Suppose you have the virus and are sick in bed in your nightshirt....and you want some entertainment in your misery so you plug on.....you going to be harassed for no knee length skirt and turtleneck? Or suit and tie?

If you are in bed feeling unwell the last thing you want to do is connect to a meeting! That will put you back a week at least.

George

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

...what about the old ones who aren't tech wise?

Screw them would be the normal reaction from the Dubs. They care not a bit about the older ones who have been chewed up and spit out by the congregations. They consider them to be worthless now. I saw that first hand with my own parents. People who had received thousands of dollars of their financial aid, hospitality, and hundreds of hours of emotional support, turned on them like the snakes they really are as soon as my parents age along with the infirmities that go along with aging caught up with them.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Waton

My kids are grown up and left the cult years ago,

I'm not on zoom ,it's about who can view the children on zoom with out the parents permission and with the orgs history with child abuse what stops these people recording or taking photos of children,

Zoom I believe was designed for business use .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

I am sorry about the treatment your aged parents and other elderly are getting in this User religion of entitled Hypocrites.

It makes me ill to think of the money these good hearted people threw around like confetti..When all these faithful elderly JWs (WW2 generation) are gone..the JW religion is out of luck along with the Deadbeats in every congregation who got handouts from them!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Jehovah's witnesses are not a cult!!?

Then

why are most of us on this site hiding our identities

Why are there so many heart breaking stories of mothers, brothers, sons and daughters no longer allowed to keep in contact with each other as a result of the disfellowshipping/disassociation policy

Why are members unnessessarily dying as a result of the blood policy that no other Christian organisation or indeed orthodox Jews agree with?

Why are members not allowed to question the leadership?

Why are the elders so controlling over its members lives?

Why don't the leadership comply with the higher authorities and hand over their database of alleged child abusers within their ranks?

Why can't members be allowed their own conscious decisions when it comes to holidays/birthdays etc

Why does the leadership manifest an orwellion approach to their history, ie destroying their old books/heritage.

I could go on and on.

I think everyone can judge for themselves if they consider the watchtower Bible and tract society to be a cult or not.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Good topic Petra,.

On another post I read something that I agree with, that is the need for wt to stay relevant in the lives of its members.

I'm sure there are a lot of members that are enjoying not being able to go preaching or attend meetings. The conference calls make sure no one forgets they are always under scrutiny and keeps the f. O. G. levels high.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    They are a conservative christian sect. They have some high-control practices. But they are not a cult.

Simon are you feeling quite well?

They tick almost every box most experts (and those with lived experience) designate as cult behaviour.

Ive noticed because you find people’s unnecessary and arbitrary criticism of JWs as annoying, In your frustration you tend to jump to the other extreme!!

• waton
    waton
    it's about who can view the children on zoom with out the parents permission and with the orgs history with child abuse what stops these people recording or taking photos of children,

Fa: exactly why I have become the tape man. and My advise was not to you alone, but all wt afflicted. There is an individual in our cong, described in the bible as one of the " [hidden] Rocks", that has taken surreptitiously pictures of my wife, gives Candies and touches little girls at meetings, unnoticed by the so-called overseers, and he is now able to zoom at will and his leisure, and pleasure peruse and copy the objects of his derangement.

Still might have to endure his face staring at my family during readings, comments. not in my house.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ATLANTIS:

(Petra)

I just saw an article saying Zoom is being sued for sharing users’ information with Facebook without their consent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit