Legal Concerns About "Zoom" Meetings!

by Atlantis 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I heard there was an investigation going on of some sorts, which was another reason I had concerns.

Thanks LongHairGal!

Petra!

• caves
    caves

In my opinion this is really old old old news.

Context [Longer than the actual point ]- Much to at least one posters surprise (private issue) just because I got involved in tech( Smartphone specific) a bit behind, due to my years in the mountains, I dove into tech/IT laws and the lack of them along with all the implications. Pre-Mountain days during 1999 and most of the 2000s I attended privately held conferences on tech industries and what they were collecting and doing with the rise of the "free" internet and our data. (Which facilitated my "off the grid-ness")(wanted no part of it after what I learned). When I came back "on the grid" like I said, I dove back in. Or rather it seemed sortof crammed down my throat.

In 2012-2014 I had two major accidents. One left me bed ridden for a few months and the other after I recovered from the first left me bed ridden for over half a year. I committed all my time(literally all of it) to hacking, which companies do collect info (literally all of them) even your supposed private browsers, how much, how secret, what up coming merging companies were doing, where it was going, smartphone technology, applications and their applications, what we were actually agreeing to,.. ect. It was overwhelming how fast we all just gave it up to have a flipping smartphone /tablets /notebooks ect. Well, in our defense, we were lied to for a long time. I digress.

Bare w/ me...

In a nut shell if you have a device that connects to the internet EVERYTHING can be tracked, traced, recorded, your pics, your contacts, all your emails, texts, videos, voice, when and what you type (even if you erase it [backspace out] and don't post it) your location [even if its turned off], every tiny detail of what you do is forever on a server/servers somewhere. Even things you may not even suspect, like your blue-tooth speaker, if done right can be hacked and can get everything on the smartphone you used or device all running in the background without so much as a blip in your operating system(to your eyes). Banking..you name it. If there is a blip, it not a good hacker.

There are not many if any big/ mid/ small tech companies that have not been sued and or in continuous lawsuits over privacy and collection of data. Its all just about money and finding loopholes now.

I can go over some of the things that were in these conferences but it would be moot in 2020. It is pretty much common knowledge to anyone with an interest in IT. There is absolutely nothing you or I can do about it.

Hacking evolves just as fast as the internet itself, so the hacking I learned while bed ridden gave me a decent template to add to my classroom or rather private conference knowledge (another moot point) as I lost interest and had to work and just couldn't keep up if I wasn't getting paid for it.

To cut it short or "no flesh would be saved" ugh, lol, couldn't resist....

I wouldn't worry about Zoom at all. Don't want to be seen?, cover your lens. The government, I can assure you, doesn't give a rip about jw meetings. But I would mostly be concerned with a person in the Zoom meetings that CAN hack, knows how, and does it.

Again if your worried just cover your camera lenses with dark tape. It is pointless to worry.

Could have stopped it 20 years ago. That was then, this is now.

I would worry more about social distancing and keeping food on the table and yourself clean and healthy.

• caves
    caves

I think its wine time for this dude! And not that memorial crap either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit