Why is it so important to them to let child molesters go out in the field ministry?

by Eustace 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Road to nowhere said: don't forget we could be talking about 17 year old victims here.

This is extremely easy to forget. A 17 year old is old enough to be married in the state where I live. They are also old enough to at least begin to understand how much power they have, sexually speaking. They are also at an age that can totally cook some poor slob's goose legally. And they haven't a clue how serious that is.

The smallest response out of a brother will put him "on the list" for the rest of his life, while the 17 year old will go on with no repercussions at all. The brother may be able to move on and learn from his mistake, but others will never forget. I have seen this happen in the congregation that I was in.

Pharisaical law, with all of its' details, is not at all appealing. Nor will it draw people to love God. The Watchtower is writing the rules which are causing the tower to crumble.

• LV101
    LV101

VID - thank you - Love your posts - you always keep me laughing.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Is D2D really a danger? Pedos groom and plot, I imagine they wouldn't grab a kid at a door and touch them. I was told that a pedophile had to be accompanied by an elder in the D2D work and weren't allowed out on their own. Also, if there is a known pedophile in the territory a note is made in the territory and it is not to be called on. How's that for two faced?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Most witnesses believe that by praying to Jehovah and going to the meetings, will cure people of their violent ways, depression, gayness and even pedophilia. To say otherwise means that God's holy spirit has no power.

• Eustace
    Eustace
    Is D2D really a danger? Pedos groom and plot, I imagine they wouldn't grab a kid at a door and touch them.
    It's a danger for children who go out in the ministry with them in the D2D work. It's been all too common for the child of a JW couple to be paired off with another JW in the ministry. That's what happened when the known pedophile Jonathan Kendrick was paired off in the ministry with Candace Conti, which gave him the opportunity to sexually abuse her.
    I was told that a pedophile had to be accompanied by an elder in the D2D work and weren't allowed out on their own.
    The latest addition of the Elder's Manual says that elders should follow directions from the service committee regarding placing restrictions on a known child molester's participation in the field ministry, but there's nothing saying what those restrictions actually are and whether it includes being accompanied by an elder or not. The reluctance to put in writing what the restrictions actually are isn't exactly a good sign.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Being a child molester will not get you banned from the ministry. But you know what will?

TIGHT PANTS

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Yeah you get reprimanded for doing something completely natural like grow a beard.

Yet a prolific pervert ( one of which used to be in my Cong) can freely go out in the ministry studying with anyone.

That's watchtower world for ya 🙄

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stillin - "The Watchtower is writing the rules which are causing the tower to crumble."

Your words to God's ear, man.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LV101 - "...Love your posts - you always keep me laughing."

I'm here all week, lady.

• LV101
    LV101

Ahh, good to know, Vid. Keep 'em flyin' -- this board has great comedic value.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit