Why is it so important to them to let child molesters go out in the field ministry?

by Eustace 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eustace
    Eustace

What's up with the Watchtower Society still letting those they know to have sexually abused children go out in the field service despite that being crucial to the ruling against them in the Conti suit? They don't let men with beards go out in the field service in America with the justification that "beards are not the custom" and that therefore they "are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers," but having sexually abused a child is somehow acceptable for a Christian minister?

Last I checked molesting children isn't considered socially acceptable according to the customs of the United States and certainly finding out that child molesters are allowed to be Jehovah's Witness publishers is a whole lot more alienating to potential converts than them seeing Jehovah's Witness publishers with beards. So bizarre.

• stillin
    stillin

You're right. It seems brazen. The molester should be too ashamed to present himself to the public as one of God's holy people.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

First they would have to admit to themselves that they have paedophiles in their midst rather than it being a one time sin that they've forgiven.

If they admit that then they know they should have reported him as a criminal, rather than contacting the branch.

If they admit that then the branch's advice is wrong and the dominoes start to fall.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This should be one point the government should concentrate on - JWs must not let convicted child abusers out in the D2D work/cart work.

Paedophiles are dangerous opportunists and the protection of children must always be the top priority.

• LV101
    LV101

The cult is that desperate for male bodies and they really couldn't care less about or have respect for children or anyone. They, too, are irresponsible and "dangerous opportunists."

• Biahi
    Biahi

If a brother “wasn’t allowed to “ go out in service, everyone would know he’s a sex perv.

• dozy
    dozy
    They don't let men with beards go out in the field service in America with the justification that "beards are not the custom" and that therefore they "are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers"

That's not correct. Having a beard would normally disqualify a JW from giving a talk at an assembly and / or being a Bethelite , but certainly wouldn't disqualify them from going on the ministry.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I never understood why the WBT$ pretends to abhor child molesting but in practice condone it by policies.

I have no way to support this, but I wonder to myself, if the leaders, GB and some of those pulling the strings are perverts themselves and protecting their own fetid interests.

I guess I'll never know for sure.

However, the corporation stand on paedophiles is a very destructive and criminal enabling one.

• Eustace
    Eustace

Dozy,

I’m American and have never seen a Jehovah’s Witness with a beard in the ministry in my life. Also in 2016 the Watchtower explicitly acknowledged that in some locations men with beards can’t be Christian ministers (i.e. go out in the field service):

In other cultures or locations, beards are not the custom and are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers. In fact, having one may prevent a brother from bringing glory to God and from being “irreprehensible.”​
  • tiki
    tiki

So...if a pedophile sports a beard his kingdom opportunities are limited. If he shaves it off...voila! Privileges restored!! This is one pathetic doomsday cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit