by Simon 55 Replies latest social current

• MeanMrMustard
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

Alec Baldwin Shooting Happened Because He Is Anti-Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vHhnQaryI

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Alex Baldwin is one of my favorite actors. I don't care about his personality and personal views in the same way I'm an absolute fan of Tom Cruise, but can't imagine having a beer with him.

That being said, the guy killed someone! Clearly the gun worked as expected. So the issue was the way it was handled. Was it careless? For instance, if you drive too fast (carelessly) and cause an accident, you can be held criminally responsible for it. Same logic goes with guns.

1. Did he personally verify that the gun was loaded and with what?
    2. Are blanks easy to identify, like painted blue?

Answering "no" to the questions should be considered criminal negligence. Even if someone hands him the gun and tells him its not loaded. He was an active part of that negligent process. He is responsible. He should, at the very least, stand trial. Perhaps he could be declared "not guilty" at that trial, but he should still have to go through the trial process.

On the other hand, if, for what ever reason, a live round was painted blue, than, it would remove Baldwin from the loop; attention would be diverted to who painted the live rounds. Sure, there are other security measures that can be followed:

1. Modify the guns so they CAN'T shoot live ammunition
    2. Never aim at anyone, even with blanks.
    3. Properly store guns, ensure that nothing other than bullets are in the barrel (such as rocks)
    4. Log access to guns, who, where, when and why.
    5. Only practice in designated controlled areas, even with blanks.

While breaking the above rules wouldn't be criminal negligence, they could easily lead to civil claims.

Oh, one last thing: I very much doubt that Tom Cruise would make a mistake like this considering how serious he's been with gun training for his movies. One of the best fast draw on movies is him in Collateral!

• Simon
    Simon

The more you learn the more you realize these people are batshit crazy and reckless.

So apparently, they had a mix of blanks, dummy and LIVE bullets on set, and it isn't uncommon for people to take "prop guns" (what the rest of the world calls "guns") over lunch and go shooting live rounds for target practice!!!

Can you imagine anything so idiotically reckless and dangerous?

Day 1 rule: no live bullets on set.

So many basic, simple, safety rules, each of which would avoid this, all disregarded.

I'm actually amazed now that more people aren't killed regularly in Hollywood. It seems that accidental shootings may happen regularly and as long as no one is killed, no lessons are learned.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The more you learn the more you realize these people are batshit crazy and reckless.

And these are the people running the entire Country.

For example; A Senator grills a Biden Nominee over the San Francisco Homelessness problem by asking her two simple questions on how she would solve the Homelessness crises;

She is clueless and she is the one Biden nominated to to run the entire Country's Homelessness problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP7BSjBP_Jk

• Simon
    Simon

Her first response tells you everything - "because we need to be given more money". It's their answer to every problem, which is why they create these problems and make them worse.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

If you are physically fit to work and don't, this likely shows issues with Mental wellness and/or drug dependencies.

This is what needs to be addressed and this needs to be done in a firm fashion so that people have all the rewards that come with working hard.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    StephaneLaLiberte If you are physically fit to work and don't, this likely shows issues with Mental wellness and/or drug dependencies.

Thank you! Nobody wants to be homeless...nobody doesn't want to have a job, a career, a life for goodness sakes.

The majority of people in this situation either have mental health issues, are personality or learning disordered, or have serious addictions and often concomitant history of abuse and/or PTSD.

Pete Having said that, the Senorita above appears actually brain damaged. A president with dementia hires someone he's just dragged off of the street, judging by her answers...WTF!!πŸ˜³πŸ™„

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pete I know nothing about guns being a Brit (only fired one WW2 gun belonging to a paranoid relative at 12😳the bullet lodged in Sid Barret's shed) but that video about gun safety is about the most sensible I've seen.

• Simon
    Simon
    Nobody wants to be homeless...nobody doesn't want to have a job, a career, a life for goodness sakes.

Sorry, but this is just wrong. There are plenty of people who don't want to work, are happy living on the street without responsibilities and don't give a damn about having a career or contributing to society.

Allowing people to live like this enables it. The current system of endless benefits, paying people to live this way, is damaging to society.

But anyway, Alec Baldwin shot a woman dead, which is the main subject of this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit