Flu Vaccine Now REQUIRED For All Students Going To School In Massachusetts

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This is a requirement now in Massachusetts. Children must get a flu shot by December 31. Some allowances are made for religious reasons and health reasons.

Personally, I don’t agree with the government making this mandatory.

What is your opinion??

• minimus
    minimus

This is for babes over 6 months old to college kids.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm on the fence on this one. Generally, if you get the vaccine you "should" not get the flu. No guarantee, but a reasonably high percentage. If parents don't want their kids to get it (as is true of some religions, such as the Hasidic Jews) then it's their kids who may suffer.

I don't know, if you get it at least, hopefully, no one else suffers.

• minimus
    minimus

I have never gotten a flu shot and I don’t want one. The last time I had a “bug” it was about 40 years ago.... actually longer.

• titch
    titch

Mr. Minimus: Well, IF the State of Massachusetts has made it required---mandatory---then the State of Massachusetts should pay for the flu shot. I hope that is what the situation is there.

Personally, I HAVE received a flu vaccination most years, during the past 25 years. I have no problem with getting one. And, they seem to work, for me. There was one year, 1997, I think, when I got a flu shot in early September, but by the end of the year, I "picked up" some flu that was going around. Perhaps it was a strain of some flu that was not effective with the "concoction" that I received a few months earlier. But, that was the only year that that happened. Best Regards, all

Titch.

• minimus
    minimus

I have no issue with anyone who wants to get a flu shot. It’s their business. But to require a flu shot to go to school?? Nope.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Send the state of Massachusetts the hospital and or funeral bill for those who have issues with the Flu vac. also the bill for lost wages for those who do get ill from this poison.

For any who say aren't you being a bit extreme on this, the flu vac. nearly killed me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I took part in the first round of flu vaccines .....I was a student guinea pig, wow nearly 30 years ago now!!

I’m still here, absolutely fine! Got a bit of a sore upper arm for the day is all.

• minimus
    minimus

Once again it ok if your choice is to get one ....or not. The state can conceivably make up any rule such as, in order to go into a state building you must prove you had a flu shot. You want to get your license renewed ? You need proof that you won’t possibly get anybody sick.

I realize this sounds extreme but what holds back government from placing ANY RULE on you if they so desire? Oh yeah, how could I forget, some people want the entire nation to be under a mask order.

• tiki
    tiki

I remember polio...I had childhood friends who contracted the disease prior to the vaccine.. I saw the broken body ...the results of the disease. We stood in line in the school gym and got the polio vaccine. We were protected from the horrid ravages of the disease.

I had a case of severe measles that could have killed me as a kid if I weren't tough enough. That was before the measles vaccine.

Take the damn shot and shut up. The shot cannot give you one hundredth of the negative consequences the illness might cause. And have a little respect for your fellowman and their well-being.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit