OKAY, GAME OVER! The number one reason the New Testament amounts to bunk

by Terry 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Spiritual abuse leads to a greater number of atheists - Theliberator

How about atheists who arrived at that conclusion gradually over a number of years of carefully considering the evidence?

I have been on this forum for about 6 years and I am still waiting for a christian to offer a reasonable answer to any logical question that I have asked.

The facts show that the god of Jesus does not exist. If you want to show otherwise you will have to do better than patronising rhetoric about "spiritual abuse".

P.S. - Please consider using paragraphs.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear the liberator...

you said, " And while we personally don't want to abuse God's forgiveness, I can't limit the time span of God's forgiveness for others"...

No, we don't want to abuse God's forgiveness nor limit the time span of God's forgiveness. However, we don't want to say things that give the impression that people HAVE all the time in the world to come to a decision either. Scripture says this is the day of salvation...no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

I understand that you were speaking to more people than just Terry, so was I...AND I was addressing Terry specifically. He can and does say all kinds of nasty things about God. That isn't what I commented on. My comment (and I'm sure T didn't miss it) related to the fact that Terry knows he's an intelligent guy, yet he's implying that God, by using "illiterates" to spread the gospel, has made it too messed up for HIS mind to grasp. I called BS...a lot of feeble minded people were able to choose Jesus as their saviour with less "light" than he has been given...no one is doing him a favour by suggesting (which you did) that Jesus will ask the Father to "forgive them" because "they know not what they do"...

Terry continues to harden his own heart toward God...in fact believers should be extra vigilant in reminding him he has to make a choice soon BEFORE God decides He has given him enough time and then, like pharaoh, God hardens his heart so that he never repents and seeks forgiveness...He will give him over to his own way.

scripture says that men (who are given over to their own way) like that refuse to repent and will blaspheme God even more when they are thrown into the lake of fire. Such that, there is a continuous outpouring of God's wrath on them. They are distanced from God relationally but not positionally as scripture says they will be in torments forever in the presence of the Lamb.

I will not, not remind him...and everyone else listening in...Look, Jesus never did anything to hurt you and you know the bible says He will take your burdens away. He will free you from your past...what are you waiting for?

love michelle

• cofty
    cofty
    scripture says that men ..will blaspheme God even more when they are thrown into the lake of fire. Such that, there is a continuous outpouring of God's wrath on them. They..will be in torments forever in the presence of the Lamb. - Mylene

You are sick. Seek help.

love michelle
    Flag Dislike Like"love"? Hypcrite!
  • myelaine
    myelaine

dear cofty...

it is written in the bible. I choose to believe that Jesus saves people from this place that was meant for satan and his angels. If you fault me for wanting people to avoid that fate then you are the one that is twisted...not me. You know as well as I do that a believer warns people out of love...just because you no longer believe doesn't mean you can now impugn my motives.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I choose to believe that Jesus saves people from this place that was meant for satan and his angels.

That's your problem right there.

love 2+2

• joey jojo
  • joey jojo
    joey jojo

I agree with Terry about the question of bacteria.

1Tim 5:23 encourages people of the time to 'drink wine instead if water' for their 'frequent stomach problems'.

If Paul had 'special knowledge', why didn't he warn everyone about the dangers of drinking contaminated water and eating contaminated food?

It is estimated that drinking contaminated water has killed more people than all the wars in human history!!!

It wasn't until the 19th century- almost 2000 years after Jesus's time, that people figured out the connection between cholera and drinking water.

That makes all the 'exciting stuff' like wars, pestilence, earthquakes etc, seem inconsequential compared to the humble vibrio cholerae bacteria.

Why didn't ANY of the prophets throw the human race a bone and save millions and millions of people from untold grief and heartache?

That really doesn't make any sense to me.

• Mephis
    Mephis

• pile2222
    pile2222
    Another 'ah hah' moment for me was finding out that NONE of the authors of the Bible ever met Jesus and that the gospels were written well after the events occurred by people who were not there but wrote it in Greek, not Aramaic.
    @Heaven: how can you say that NONE of the authors of the Bible met Jesus when the Apostels Matthew, John, Peter and also Jesus´ own brother James wrote parts of the Bible??? My husband always says the same thing (but he has no clue about the Bible since he´s muslim).
  • Terry
    Terry

The point of this Discussion is so simple.

JESUS is the whole of Christianity and yet we must depend on other people's words about every single detail. Christians see treasure in the Bible and yet each has a separate and distinct opinion about what it says and means.

It is because JESUS is a cipher in history.

Nothing substantial has been yielded by archeology, paleontology or Roman archives.

The Bible has been pulled rotting out of old jars and pieced together like pulling bits of an old baloney sandwich from the city dump and serving it up as lunch for your children.

If that seems great to you--be my guest. Just don't expect me to chow down or compliment the Chef.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit