OKAY, GAME OVER! The number one reason the New Testament amounts to bunk

by Terry 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

For me, the dead giveaway is this. Jesus wrote nothing.

Stop and think about that.

If Jesus were the authentic messiah, his ministry would not simply be local.

His instructions, his mission, the details of his teachings would be too precious to risk leaving it in the hands of "men unlettered (illiterate) and ordinary (blue-collar yokels)."

Jesus, were he the one and only hope of mankind, would be absolutely certain to write down with great simplicity and specificity the exact Owner's Manual necessary to rescue mankind.

NEVER HAPPENED!

Jesus was not the Great Physician who confided the lifesaving prescription to knuckleheads and sailed off heavenward while the rest of us end up swallowing placebo pills and slow poison.

For me, this drives a stake in the heart of the New Testament.

Salvation is so mishandled, inept and loosey-goosey, it can't be taken for fact.

Sorry folks. Game Over.

Almighty God would be an idiot to jeopardize the rescue of humanity.

"But Terry," I can hear somebody shouting from the back of the room, "God was testing our faith."

Oh Ple-e-e-ease!

Stop and think. Why does anybody TEST anything?

Isn't it because there is ignorance of outcome which must be satisfied by running tests for the purposes of discovery? YES, of course it is.

Is God ignorant?

Let us not make excuses.

Jesus did not write anything. His method was entrusted to the LEAST RELIABLE of all methods of data transmission: oral tradition.

Like I said before: Game Over.

• wozza
    wozza

Some things about the bible just don't make sense do they?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Agree.

I had many times expressed to my mother than If Jesus was the son of god, why there is so little written about him, and nothing said from him that would give us clear direction.

where are his 'commandments'? if supposedly he [which he did not] got rid of the mosaic law and formed Christianity, which she believes.

where is his book?

plus he spoke in riddles, and the bible is full of riddles,

not a good way to direct human beings, lol

direction? I think not.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    And......why if his father's name is soooo important did he never use it? Even once!
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    agree, the message is irrelevant, fraudulent and pointless and loses more and more credibility each second that passes, fortunatatly more and more are waking up to the fact
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Terry said: For me, the dead giveaway is this. Jesus wrote nothing.

Terry, this was another moment for me regarding religion and the belief in God. If Jesus was as important as claimed to be and if he was truly interested in starting a global movement, I think he would have written something down or at least employed a scribe to be with him to do it.

Another 'ah hah' moment for me was finding out that NONE of the authors of the Bible ever met Jesus and that the gospels were written well after the events occurred by people who were not there but wrote it in Greek, not Aramaic.

• Terry
    Terry

The barrier to objectivity in looking at all-thing-Bible is the fact that we have been steeping in total acceptance by family and peers and society all of our lives.

The Bible, at least in the West, is a "given." It isn't up for grabs. Only deplorable, lost people would dream of being skeptical.

So, where is the incentive to pull the rug out from under ourselves?

There isn't one.
    And then one day. . .

you suddenly find yourself standing in just the right spot to where the sun hits the dark side of the moon. . .
    Once you gain an objective vantage point you CAN QUESTION the validity of Bible lore and it all quickly falls apart.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    I was really struck by this at first when I read it. Then I thought about how if Jesus wrote the book of Jesus people would complain of circular logic as if it was important only because it said so itself. Instead there were three separate accounts. That's not me saying it is therefore legitimate, just me thinking aloud. The OP has an interesting point.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    I agree entirely with your conclusions, but a trifle heavy on "would's"
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

How about that Slavery is never condemned by jesus or any of his "disciples" nor are women talked about as being equal to men.

I wonder if a few words from the son of god on those issues may have had any impact on the future suffering of billions of people?

I guess making poor people feel good about being poor was more important at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit