Elders & Ex Elders

by brandnew 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I had a friend walk in on her husband having sex. Because he would not confess she was not allowed to divorce him and he was not disfellowshipped. Yet she is still a JW despite such lunacy.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

if two jw have sex and only one of them goes to the Elders and confesses.....do they both get busted? Or does the BOE need a confession from both people.? If one of em denies it happened will that person still get df'd?

So as toomanymuffineggs said she gets a DNA test when the baby is born or sooner and sues the father and he's forced to part with some DNA to deny paternity and 18 years of child support. Bam!! If he's the father that's the second witness.

Go to court to decide paternity if:

If you are not married to each other and you have not signed a voluntary acknowledgment of parentage, then you file a Complaint to Establish Paternity. http://www.masslegalhelp.org/children-and-families/establishing-paternity

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Back in the 70's a brother that was a close friend of my family, conducted the watchtower on Sunday and was Df'd that Wednesday at the meeting for having a affair with a pioneer sister, she was DFd too. They both got divorced and married each other and got DFd and reinstated, I remember a sister in Cong saying after they got married they stopped by her house one evening for social visit, but was kinda weird since she was friends with his other wife. I wonder if both of them ever woke up from da troof, or maybe he's still carrying on and dumped her yet another pioneer sis.
  • OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

ShirleyW

That sounds like the story of my grandpa, grandma and her best friend.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JamesMixon - "They don't wear anything. I don't think Jehovah likes that."

Yup.

Nekkid people make Jehovah sad. :smirk:

• TheListener
    TheListener

Shirley that sort of thing goes on a lot. Commit adultery to get divorced, remarry and get reinstated. The elders are supposed to look for that type of thing when adultery is committed.

Remember when homosexual sex wasn't considered adultery and you couldn't get divorced?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

TheLIstener - I know that goes on a lot, we had a brother in our Cong. when I was growing up who was known for getting married to nonbeliever, get DFd, get reinstated, get married again, get DFd, wash, rinse, repeat. I can remember four wives of his, why did the elders fall for his scheme when he kept repeating himself?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Jerry Springer can prove it without the two witness rule
  • TheListener
    TheListener

Shirley, I guess it isn't so much as falling for it as they just follow the rules. About the only leeway the elders would have is how long to leave him disfellowshipped.

It's amazing what people will do when they are under constant scrutiny. One one hand they'll claim it's the truth and everyone should just listen to them and on the other hand they try to get away with anything they can just to make life bearable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheListener - "It's amazing what people will do when they are under constant scrutiny. One one hand they'll claim it's the truth and everyone should just listen to them and on the other hand they try to get away with anything they can just to make life bearable."

That sums it up so well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit