Elders & Ex Elders

by brandnew 43 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I knew one elder that claimed he was part of a criminal organization before becoming a JW,

he loved that crap, spying on folks or "watching the person like a hawk".

His daughter ended up as a pole dancer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Whoops.

I can just image how well that went over. :smirk:

• brandnew
    brandnew

Whats wrong with pole dancers ?🚥

Mad Puppy

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    They don't wear anything. I don't think Jehovah like that.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I know if a 'brother' confesses his sins to fellow elder, that elder will WANT to hear the confession to a 2nd elder. Henceforth, the 2 witness rule comes into play.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Beth Sarim, in a court of law, the first elder would be accused of "hearsay" because he was not an actual witness to the allweed wrongdoing, but was a witness to the confession of worngdoing (which does not constitute evidence of wrongdoing),
  • BelleStar
    BelleStar
    I remember a case about 20 years ago where a married man had an affair with another sister, she confessed and he denied, so nothing was ever done and it was hinted at that She was having a fantasy affair.. I doubt it but it's easier to discredit the woman.
  • under the radar
    under the radar

I personally know of a case where a young pioneer sister was having an "affair" with a slightly older married brother in the same congregation. Long story short, she wound up confessing to the elders but he denied everything. She was disfellowshipped on the grounds that she was guilty of either adultery or slander (lying about a fellow JW). Nothing was done to the man because there was no second witness. As far as I know, he never even lost his congregational "privileges."

This episode didn't turn out entirely negative, though. The young lady "did her penance" and was reinstated, but she later woke up and is no longer a JW. The man eventually got caught with another young lady, and this time he was disfellowshipped. I don't know if he ever got reinstated or not, but at least he was exposed as the duplicitous snake he was.

• TooManyMuffinEggs
    TooManyMuffinEggs
    Technically it's ones word against the others, in the case of the girl who got pregnant... All she needs is a DNA test to bust that idiot!
  • sir82
    sir82

All she needs is a DNA test to bust that idiot!

A DNA test would be insufficient to get the guy DF'ed. It's [2 witnesses or a confession], or nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit