by brandnew 43 Replies latest jw friends

• brandnew
    brandnew

Nvr2l8 wowsers!!!!!!!

Mad Puppy

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Rule is: Confession or two witnesses.

Since he's not confessing, and there's only one witness (the accuser), he's off the hook.

I know of several cases where this has happened. And in many instances I'm damn sure the denier actually did it.

So there you have a very bad mix of a highly punitive system and flawed 'evidence'

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Years and years ago, before I had any idea that I would be exiting the WTB&TS, there was this fellow I knew in my congregation and this VERY attractive girl who thought it would be a grand idea to bump uglies in secret one time. Both kids had elder parents but in different congregations. She got a warning, he was disfellowshipped.

For HIM, this was the best of all possible outcomes. His parents, enraged over the unfair treatment of their Dear Boy, left the WTB&TS along with their son.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'll say this for the WTS; they take "double standards" to a whole new level. :smirk:
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Well if someone come forward and confess and the other one denies it somebody

is lying, so shouldn't one be discipline for lying.

You ask yourself why would anyone come forward to confess to such a serious offense.

It shows the lunacy of the two witness rule.

In all the cases when someone came forward (always the woman), details was given the time, the

place and what was done. It would be ridiculous to say the sister made it all up, nothing

ever happen. We are talking about JW's here, they never lie.

• Fencing
    Fencing

So their crazy Pharisaical rules can create a sort of quantum state of sin? Where from one observation it happened, and from another it didn't? And both states can be acted on independently and thus it can be stated that the act both did and didn't happen?

This is the kind of stupidity that crops up when you're obsessed with the letter of the law.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fencing coined a NEW PHRASE -- "Quantum states of sin"

I LIKE it! I LIKE it!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Nathan Natas...

"Schrodinger's Witness" (from your post in another thread)

• TheListener
    TheListener

Must be two witnesses. But, the elders would be watching the person like a hawk.

I know of one experience where this happened. No judicial action was taken on either person. If I remember right the teen that confessed was judged as repentant and the non confessing teen couldn't be touched due to the two witness rule. The elders investigated to see if other teens knew they were alone together or if they had seen other instances of "brazen conduct" but no knew or would rat. They watched the teen for years just waiting for something to happen.

What a messed up religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ The Listener...

"Big Brother(s)" are watching...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit