Not one visit, 8 years in a nursing home, and not one visit!

by Raymudas Martini 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

My dad{RIP}, was a faithful JW since the year I was born, I'm 60, he died 2 years ago. His last 12 years were spent in an assisted living/nursing home right in the small town where he spent the last 8 years of being an elder/pioneer. When he went into the home, one brother would visit him regularly, but after 4 years, that friend moved away, and visitation from the locals ceased, for 8 years!!!!!!! He died, disavowed from anything related to JWs. What a shame, a life time wasted on a stupid worldly religion, a childhood robbed from me!

• dbq407
    dbq407
    Very sad, but not surprising. No one cares unless they see you at the hall every meeting and in service every week. Not sure how more don't wake up to this terrible cult.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Not new, how sad, but common practice. My grandmother, one of the lovely's and good hearted JW's ever, spent her last 5 years in a nursery home. No visits. Forgotten. No attendance also only one elder who did the service.

G.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I posted some time back about my JW neighbor I helped in getting him in a nice assisting nursing home, 3years ago, he's unaware that I was a JW. His only living relative (sister) live in another city. I feel bad because I haven't talk with him in awhile, Today I will go by and visit him. But he calls me ( a Apostate) because no one visit him from his congregation....I feel so sad when I visit him, what a rotten religion. But to be fair he told me most of the old members have passed on and the new ones don't know him.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

One time I was in field service, the householder was very angry to us. I asked why. He took some time to tell why. He said that he found enormous amounts of Watchtower publications in the house of his passed away mother. I am so angry I can kick your ass, he said, because you're religion made her home a warehouse for literature and she payed for it. When she got sick, nobody was there. Please leave before I'm doing regrettable things he warned us.

I will never forget that.

G.

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

Yeah, he went through a broken heart period, sadness, then down right hatred. I was totally shocked he got to that point! I haven't been in a KH for 30 odd years, so I'm sure a lot has changed, but more has remained the same, or gotten worse, as the saying goes.

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

"He said that he found enormous amounts of Watchtower publications in the house of his passed away mother."

If the son had been visiting the mother, she would not have needed the attention of the JWs, and he would have known about the literature sooner! But I agree, if you cannot add money to the contribution box, your usefulness has passed.

My current wife and I attended a local church for awhile, she wanted to introduce our young g-kids to God and religion. They passed out a contribution envelope where you could select among many different church to community programs, and one was attending to the elderly at hospitals and nursing homes, and I was surprised to see the amount of volunteer church members that did the visiting.

• sir82
    sir82

Sad.

One of the primary reasons for no visits, of course, was that JWs couldn't count their "time" in doing so.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Not surprising...

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Let it be known that Apostates are visiting your love ones, they will have guards posted at your love ones door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit