CO'S "encouraging" letter to circuit

by nowwhat? 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nowwhat? - "The point of the letter was how many are feeling disappointed these days...."

Don't kid yourself.

Ten bucks says that, deep down, the vast majority of rank-and-file JWs aren't really feeling all that disappointed.

The point of the letter is to remind them to feel guilty about not feeling disappointed.

• hoser
    hoser

Ten bucks says that, deep down, the vast majority of rank-and-file JWs aren't really feeling all that disappointed.

The point of the letter is to remind them to feel guilty about not feeling disappointed.

I hadn’t seen any Jw’s from our hall in person for two months.

I’ve seen two in the last two days.

First one was in my office buying something and I mentioned he was the first witness I’ve seen since the lockdown. We talked about zoom and when we will be allowed to go back to the hall. He told me some are opening saying they are never going back because they prefer the zoom meetings. These seem to be older ones as they are simply afraid of catching covid.

I was at Costco today and saw one of the older sisters wearing a mask. She said she can’t get on zoom consistently and misses a lot of the meetings. She seemed paranoid but in These crazy times paranoid is the new normal I guess.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

100 bucks the letter says something about contributions towards the end. That's the only goal of these letters, gimme gimme gimme. CO's aren't being reimbursed when they can't go and have their donations in the box at the KH, and I'm sure plenty of old people aren't comfortable donating online.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    A watcher, you don’t have to do any of it , just so you know. - minimus

A Watcher, why are you still doing any of it?

You joined this board 8 years ago. Do you still continue to believe JWs have 'The Truth'?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some Witnesses are happy they don’t have to go to meetings. Of course, they aren’t going to verbalize this to anybody outside their home.

For born-ins, this is a taste of freedom they never had. For those who came into the religion as an adult, these few months away from the tedium of meetings may have been a wake up call and reminder of what life was like back in the ‘normal’ days before they got suckered into the religion.

The religion probably knows they are losing their grip of control so they need these letters and guilt-trip reminders to try and hold on to people.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Of course, they aren’t going to verbalize this to anybody outside their home.

LHG, JWs will outwardly state what is expected of them, even if that is totally contrary to what they are actually feeling or thinking.

• asp59
    asp59

Before Corona meeting attendance was abouth 60% in many congregations. I wouldent be suprise if it get much lower now. If they even open up KHs.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Incognito, I'm still a JW because it works for me. I'm happy.

Yes, I still believe JWs have the Truth. If I didn't, I would be looking for Jehovah somewhere else.

• Listener
    Listener

A Watcher, can't you find Jehovah through prayer and the Bible?

What did Christians do before Russell and the Watchtower came along?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

@slimboyfat

I appreciate that you saw a possible fulfillment of this prophecy about "the removal of the constant feature"

But I think that the 1290 days begins when all the 4 events has happened:

Daniel 11:31 and arms will stand up, proceeding from him;

1: and they will profane the sanctuary,

2: profane the fortress,

3: and remove the constant feature.

4: And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

Even though the order is mentioned in this sequence, it does not require that the events happen exactly in this order, because there are other scriptures that are examples of that. The first example that comes to my mind is Genesis 3:15:

So, I have concluded that the 1290 days begins when the "disgusting thing" has been put in place in the "sanctuary" and "fortress" in order to profane it.

The sanctuary and fortress in Daniel 11:31 I understand refers to Jehovah's witnesses headquarters. That is the modern day Temple similarly as was the Temple in Jerusalem in the first century.

And similarly as in the first century, the Roman idol standards profaned the Temple in Jerusalem, so will a "image of the beast" be created and placed in the WT headquerter compound among all other places because the whole world will be forced to worship it. So the "disgusting thing" is not the UN as taught by WT. But a thing that will represent a coming worldwide authority, the sevenheaded beast of Revelation 13.

So when the image of the beast/disgusting thing is placed in the WT compound, "fortress", then the 1290 day countdown will start.

But you could very well be right that at the end of 1290 days the UN gets the power and authority over the earth. And I can not rule out that at the 1335th day Babylon the Great will be taken down.

You made a clever remark that this lockdown event should figure in some way in the endtime prophecy, especially because the preaching work and meetings in person have been removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit