CO'S "encouraging" letter to circuit

by nowwhat? 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

As far as I can make out, the current position of JWs (by which I mean the GB, since it is they who decide what JWs are supposed to think) is that the pandemic was not specifically anticipated or prophesied in the Bible, and it has no special role in Jehovah’s plan, beyond simply being one of the many events during the “last days” that prove Armageddon is near.

However, if we really are living near the end of the “last days”, and the unprecedented global preaching work is effectively halted for many months, or possibly even years, then is it not reasonable, if the JW version of history is correct and Armageddon is close, to expect that such an earth shattering and impactful event would merit at least some acknowledgment or prophetic footnote in the unfolding of Jehovah’s plan for the earth and his true worshippers?

If Freddy Franz was still alive we might expect a 600 page book on how the whole pandemic corresponds to the height of the temple courtyard, the placement of cherubs, the distance between Jericho to Jerusalem—and completely corroborates the divine purpose, the last days. and so on, by now.

• Biahi
    Biahi

God, I hated door to door.

• Mum
    Mum

JW's are not the only peoople going through this. I think the worst aspect of it is the financial hardship many are having to endure.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    If Freddy Franz was still alive we might expect a 600 page book on how the whole pandemic corresponds to the height of the temple courtyard, the placement of cherubs, the distance between Jericho to Jerusalem—and completely corroborates the divine purpose, the last days. and so on, by now.

Yeah... I miss Freddy too. All those "Deep Insights" that only he could see and explain. Now we are stuck with Caleb cartoons

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Poor Jehovah.... all perfect with eternal life and what not, he just can’t get decent help...

DD

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

This halting of the door to door witnessing might be a fulfillment of the prophecy: the removal of the constant feature or at least the beginning to that.

Daniel 11:31: And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"What about poor old jehovah?"

What about that thing? The whole pandemic is joke-hova's fault in the first place, as is the excessive reaction to it. Why shouldn't joke-hova have to suffer the consequences?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Indeed, the “constant feature” prophecy could easily be invoked.

Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days. 12 “Happy is the one who keeps in expectation and who arrives at the 1,335 days!

So you could say the “constant feature” was removed in March 2020 when the preaching work was suspended. Counting 1,290 days from March 2020 would be roughly 3 years and 7 months. So that would take you to roughly January 2024, when the “disgusting thing that causes desolation” is put in place: the United Nations world government, would be in place for only 45 days until God's Kingdom crushes and brings an end to all these kingdoms in roughly March 2024. Not to give them ideas, or anything.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

You are not allowed to feel disappointment. That privilege belongs only to Jehovah, you good for nothing slaves.

What's the saying? "Never let a good crisis go to waste"? Circuit Assemblies and Conventions have always been big money makers for the Watchtower. However, think of the lowered overhead of having both programs present in an online only streaming format. Just click on the donate icon at the bottom of your screen.

• tiki
    tiki

Slimboy...omg...good laugh the Freddy prophecy anti typical type of type. But I thought the virus was that horseman riding whittling down the population by a third???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit