Are You Still “Technically “ A Jehovah’s Witness?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

traveb - thank you. That was my understanding also. Another person told me after so many years they destroy the inactive cards, and that was news to me.

Thank you again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

...grumblegrumble...

Yeah, technically I'm still one.

That'll probably fall farther by the wayside after my almost-90-year-old JW Mom passes, though.

EDIT: I sometimes catch myself wondering whatever happened to my card, BTW...

• jws
    jws

I'm thinking of that HUGE warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones where they stored the Ark of the Covenant.

Imagining peeking in the attic at local Kingdom halls and seeing endless boxes of "inactive" publisher cards.

• undercover
    undercover

Never DFd, never DA'd. I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses, despite whatever records they have. As I told my doctor as I met with him before a major surgery to okay a blood transfusion, 'I no longer hold to the tenants of my former religion, and do not agree with their stance on blood. I no longer consider myself a member of the religion'. It was good enough for him, works for me.

• blondie
    blondie

undercover and others, be sure to check that your clinic and hospital have your permission to give you a blood transfusion and other medical treatments and have removed your JW status on their intake form. A HC-POA may be appropriate.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I have not been DFed, nor have I DAed myself.

No one knows of anything that I may have done that was "wrong".

That has not stopped 99% of everyone I had know to shun me.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Technically, that depends on what 'technically' means!

just saying!

• Spiral
    Spiral

When we moved 14 years ago, we started (briefly) going to meetings at the new congregation. The secretary kept grumbling to us that our previous congregation hadn't sent our cards. Right after that, especially because of him trying to encourage us (what a nasty person he was) we just quit going.

I have no idea if the previous congregation sent the cards to Brother Nasty in the new congregation.

Brother Nasty came by one time to "encourage" us but couldn't come in because I was home alone (a sister alone, well we all know that brothers can't even be on the same porch with a sister, something could happen). Ugh

Anyway, that's all we ever heard. Two states later (moving due to work), I'm guessing our cards were "lost" because I know no BOE wants undocumented inactive publisher cards in their box when the CO comes by to audit them.

In any case, I tell people I was raised a JW but as an adult I am not religious. I have no idea if there's a publisher card around, but I'm willing to bet $5 there isn't.

• Simon
    Simon
    I have not been DFed, nor have I DAed myself.

Same here, despite what they may claim.

So yes, technically, I'm still a JW I guess.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Like Vidiot, I wonder what happens to our Cards when we have been gone for say, a decade or more. I bet they have them still in some "Congregation File", so that even in another decade or so if they want to DF or DA us they have the proof that we were once an active JW.

Their Record keeping is reminiscent of that of the Nazis and later East Germany etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit