Are You Still “Technically “ A Jehovah’s Witness?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If we haven’t associated with the congregation in years, could it be said we are not JWs? Or must you be disfellowshipped or disassociated to officially say you really aren’t a Witness?

• jp1692
    jp1692

Yes, I am still “technically a JW,” but—for all practical intents and purposes—that is a distinction without a difference.

My two adult children that are still in the cult continue to shun me because I don’t attend meetings at the KH. And no congregation members have made any attempts to contact me in nearly a decade.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I have always been Christian and thought I was joining other genuine Christians. There were many kind-hearted, genuine Christians in the congregation I joined. What we didn't realise was that the wool was being pulled over our eyes.

The term 'Jehovah's Witness' does not fully describe a Christian because the term applies to the decendants of Jacob. But Jesus was a descendante of Jacob, he was Jewish. So, I feel it can be used in a figurative sense to describe a Christian and in that sense I am happy to be described as one. But I know people have to be directed to Jesus Christ, not the Law of Moses.

Although the door of fellowship has been closed on my by 'the club', because the GB is actually apostate to Jehovah Witnesses (it misuses the OT scriptures written by inspired Jehovah's Witnesses - eg Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah), I do not identify the GB or WBTS or any appointed by them as Jehovah's Witnesses.

And I don't care how they choose to describe themselves because you can say the moon is made of cheese, your only problem is you have to prove it. Same with GB, they (and those in association with them) can say they are Jehovah's Witnesses but how on earth could they ever prove it? They can't, because they are lying and those blindly following them are deluded.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I was born into the Jehovah Witness religion. Once I was old enough to understand that I didn’t want to be Jehovah Witness, I Stopped supporting the Watchtower organization. No more Contributions, no more field service, no more attending meeting and conventions, left all friends I had grown up with and told elders “NO” when they wanted to visit me.

It is not necessary to disassociate or get disfellowshipped since many times members of the Governing Body have said that if you don’t preach and go to meetings, you really are not “Technically” a witness of Jehovah and shouldn’t expect Jehovah to save you at Armageddon.

And all the members understand this to be true once you stop attending meetings and stop preaching.

(Ezekiel 33:8) . . .When I say to someone wicked, ‘O wicked one, you will positively die!’ but you actually do not speak out to warn the wicked one from his way, he himself as a wicked one will die in his own error, but his blood I shall ask back at your own hand.

So No, I am not technically a Jehovah Witness.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm, according to JW rules, an inactive JW. I acknowledge to "worldly people" that I used to be a JW, if I happen to encounter a JW that I've known from the past but isn't aware of my situation, if the subject comes up, I'll simply acknowledge that I haven't been to a meeting in a while.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I’m not sure what they would call me but certain JWs snub me in stores. They pretend they don’t see me. I don’t go out of my way to greet them either.

I get the sense they are angry at people who leave. I don’t know if it’s because they resent we are free OR that means fewer people to beg money from - which would mean they are shelling out more to the religion and to the users!

• 720Reddog
    720Reddog

Havent been disfellowshipped but would never claim to be a witness

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I am still technically a JW in practice terms, although I haven’t been to a meeting in half a decade. I will keep it that way for the time that my father is still alive. When he dies then all my contacts with the JWs will be gone and I’ll happily make things official.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I doubt it, but I'm not sure if I'm technically still a JW. I walked away in 2011. A few years later I sent a letter of resignation to the two local BOEs where I attended meetings for over 30 years. I threatened to sue if they announced my name from the platform. (I didn't want to deal with shunning in my small town.) I am clearly on the do not call list, and no one contacts me in an official capacity, ever. I made that clear in my letter. Local JWs don't shun me; we exchange pleasantries in passing. Mission accomplished!

• zeb
    zeb

The wt has a passion for classifying and labelling people so me being labelled as 'inactive' does not surprise me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit