Is there evidence about Jaracz?

by Gorbatchov 51 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If he married? That’s not usually a requirement is it? Is that an indication of the reason he was removed from the Australian branch?

But I thought I read, in other onl8ne rumours, that Melita followed Jaracz to Australia to pursue him.

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT & LONDO111- Jaracz WAS removed from his position as branch overseer in Australia and replaced by Lloyd Barry - the same Lloyd Barry that later made sure the child abuse articles were printed in the Awake magazine in the early 1990's - much to Ted Jaracz's chagrin and anger. From what I was told by a reliable source who I promised I'd keep their identity confidential - there was moral flaws that Jaracz had committed that led to his removal from his position. And it seems according to Londo 111 we have Knorr to thank ( or is it to blame ) for allowing Ted Jaracz to get back in the traveling work if he "got married " . Hmm. Wonder why Knorr wanted Jaracz to " get married " ? So he wouldn't commit any more " moral flaws " ?

And I can verify he was back in the traveling work as a District Overseer in California in the late 1960's as he stayed at our house due to my elder dad being the city overseer in our town. So there's some verifiable evidence he was a District Overseer in California in about 1969 & 1970

• Dagney
    Dagney
    And I can verify he was back in the traveling work as a District Overseer in California in the late 1960's as he stayed at our house due to my elder dad being the city overseer in our town. So there's some verifiable evidence he was a District Overseer in California in about 1969 & 1970. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Jaracz gave my baptism talk in 1968 and Melitta attended my Truth book studies when they were in town.

• waton
    waton
    we have Knorr to thank ( or is it to blame ) for allowing Ted Jaracz to get back in the traveling work if he "got married " . Hmm. Wonder why Knorr wanted Jaracz to " get married " ? So he wouldn't commit any more " moral flaws " ?

not wanting to put water on the rumour water wheel, but was that not the modus operandi with the Percy Chapman "solution" in the Canadian Bethel, that was also graced at one time with Leo Greenlee's presence?

Marriage perhaps not to let off steam, but create an image that seems "normal".

• Londo111
    Londo111

IF there is something to these allegations in regard a minor, obviously the Branch saw to it it didn't make it into the records that were at the Australian Royal Commission.

• freddo
    freddo

"IF there is something to these allegations in regard a minor, obviously the Branch saw to it it didn't make it into the records that were at the Australian Royal Commission."

Or because both the accused and the victim are dead meant that they couldn't use it or refer to it?

• Simon
    Simon

Or it just never happened ...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Ummm! The very first PT/WTS I ever attended featured TJ as the speaker. I had taken a leaflet from a JW doing streetwork, because I wanted to go to a meeting. Why? Because Australia had just joined the Korean war and was calling up young guys to go and fight. I was a pacifist and was determined not to join the army. I'd heard the the JW's would not join the army either, so that was my 'ulterior motive' in attending that meeting. I wanted to know how to escape the call-up.

I was also late, as I'd been sailing that morning and having my usual great time in that pastime and cut myself short of time

And, of course, as you'd expect, in a small congregation, lots of older people, and not much new interest (converts) I was introduced to TJ. I didn't think he was impressed with me, I was wearing shorts and a brightly colored sports shirt and a close buzz haircut. But as I later found out Jaracz suffered from migraines which may have gotten worse when he gave a talk, and occasionally the headaches could incapacitate him. That may have made him appear 'cold' in his human relationships.

He was very close to a family I once knew well, and sometimes met him there.

My second close encounter, was through my group study conductor. He was in Bethel (when it was located in Strathfield) and often told me how helpful and loving the brothers were in Bethel, particularly TJ. Now I had a young man's problem called compulsive masturbation, and it worried the hell out of my conscience. I could hardly tell anyone about it, it was so difficult to discuss sex in those far off days (tried to talk to a Dr once, and he yelled at me and told me to get out of his office and never come back). I couldn't tell my GSC, so I asked if TJ would talk to someone like me? He said yes, and arranged a meeting with TJ (please remember that there were only about 1000 JWs in all of Sydney then). But in front of TJ I was just as unable to bring the topic up and sat there red-faced with embarrassment. After about 30 minutes, Jaracz gave up on me and told me to talk to my Congregation servant in future.

None of my experiences are evidence for or against the accusations against Jaracz. I can only say that eventually in that small hothouse of close associations any wrongdoing eventually became known, and in all the years I wasted in YHWH's new world society I never heard of such accusations against the man.

PS. I do not recall Lloyd Barry being Branch servant after Jaracz, I think that Brooklyn assigned Doug.Held to Australia after Jaracz. But, it was all a long time ago and my memory may be as faded as I am.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    reddo 5 years ago
    "IF there is something to these allegations in regard a minor, obviously the Branch saw to it it didn't make it into the records that were at the Australian Royal Commission."

Or because both the accused and the victim are dead meant that they couldn't use it or refer to it?

Those records would also be in NY, Knorr certainly wouldn't have made a decision from a phone call from Lloyd Barry with no paperwork.

Unless as Top Dog, TJ destroyed them when in charge of Service.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “Is there evidence about Jaracz?”

Depends on whether or not you trust the journalism:

https://jwsurvey.org/news/governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-named-as-defendants-in-child-abuse-lawsuits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit